PDA

View Full Version : Whirlpool dishwasher Model IUD9750VS0 Dispenser not opening

dperry
10-29-2013, 06:02 PM
I have had some issues with this so I will give the history. The repairs all began when the control board (the buttons) got stuck with 4 items selected and would not change. It as was not a valid set of items that could ever been done to run the dishwasher. Not knowing much I called out a repair guy. He diagnosed I needed a new set of controls and ordered the part for me. Knowing it would cost more to have him install it when it arrived I installed the part. No change, the same 4 items lit up. I don't have the photo of them anymore but it was the heavy wash, 4 hour delay, and the washing and drying lights.

So with the issue still on and the repair guy not rescheduled to come out for a week I decided to purchase a new, what I would call, mother board. Basically the brain board that all wires lead to. I purchased only this board. It arrived, I replaced the old one and bingo all the lights were out. I ran the dishwasher and things went ok but I noticed a rubber burning spell, very light. Well it turned out that the soap dispenser was not opening. I assumed that failed so ordered another one. The dishwasher ran once, the dispenser opened and I got the bad smell again but much worse and the dispenser no longer opens.

After opening the dishwasher again and further reviewing things the smell appears to be coming from the electrical tape wrapped around the wiring that goes to the motherboard. It is essentially melting from heat. Could the new brain be bad and I need another? Is the heat coming through the door, messing with the brain and wiring and preventing the dispenser from opening? I just don't know. I'm confident I could replace just about anything in here, but I simply don't know what to do next and plunking down $80 for a new dispenser with the odds it's going to fail again doesn't seem right and $130 for a new brain is also a roll of the dice. Any advice would be great!

Thank you!

jeff1
10-30-2013, 02:36 AM
Hi,

Have a pic where the wires are burning?...or can they be pin pointed on the diagram ( see attached ).

jeff.