PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying GE gas range circa 1987...

urbanpilgrim
11-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Hello, all.

I'm attempting to identify the model # of the GE gas range shown below. As you can see, the identifying label has been worn away over time and no other product labels can be found on the range. I'm hoping that an astute member will remember this range or be able to point me to a resource that can help identify it.

Why am I seeking to identify it, you ask? Well, one of the burners no longer activates the ignition when its corresponding knob is turned. Gas does flow as you're able to turn the knob and use a match to light it. The layout of the burners is such that there's one ignition per two burners; turning the other burner on the pair does activate the ignition spark, so I can rule out any issues with the ignition.

As I said above, the gas is flowing to that burner, so I'm wondering if the wiring from that knob to the ignition is at fault. To fix that part/wire, I imagine I'll need the model # to the stove, hence this posting.

And and all help is appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

jeff1
11-10-2013, 02:38 AM
Hi,

Check for the wire diagram on the back, under the cooktop or under the bottom drawer area.....-sometimes- partial model# is on the wire diagram.

Well, one of the burners no longer activates the ignition when its corresponding knob is turned. Gas does flow as you're able to turn the knob and use a match to light it. The layout of the burners is such that there's one ignition per two burners; turning the other burner on the pair does activate the ignition spark

Possible bad switch under the knob. Maybe can take a picture of the switch and compare it here (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&P=1).

jeff.