PDA

View Full Version : no spin whlpl

Boman
11-14-2013, 12:56 AM
Model - LSB6200PQ0

Whirlpool Ultimate Care II

No spin situation. Brake/clutch housing spins, but the agitator does not spin. Clutch? Brake?

I have two of these doing the same thing.

jeff1
11-14-2013, 01:17 AM
G'day,

No spin situation. Brake/clutch housing spins, but the agitator does not spin. Clutch? Brake?

Water drain out ok? We will presume yes...

Always have a peek at the drive block first...

Failing that...

Watch for the clutch drum to turn ( brown section in picture A ). If it is turning but the inner wash tub is not, then more often than not you have a worn clutch lining or a weak spin spring, also the brake may have seized up. If the clutch drum is not turning and washer is not spinning, often the failure is in the transmission gear box.

482 Washing machine clutch assembly with hardware. Manufacturer part number 285785 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2670)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tVc6SZ2DD4U

jeff.

Boman
11-14-2013, 11:02 AM
The water does pump out. It agitates, does everything but spin. The clutch drum does spin but nothing inside the machine moves. If you do not open the lid, you would assume it is spinning from the sound it makes.

Thanks Jeff

jeff1
11-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Sounds like new clutch time.

jeff.

Boman
11-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah I think so. There is some residue on top of the tranny that looks like it might be from the the clutch pads. Not much but some. Looks like there should be more residue. I hate to think the old man that sold these to me wiped them off knowing something was wrong.

jeff1
11-14-2013, 03:44 PM
I hate to think the old man that sold these to me wiped them off knowing something was wrong.

Making money brings out the worst in -some- people :eek:

jeff.

Boman
11-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Yep. I like to move slow with a new source. That's why I only bought what I could put on my trailer at the time (5) 4 washers and 1 dryer. 3 of the 4 washers I cannot sell yet.
The two that will not spin and one that has a squeak and a buzzing/ticking timer.

jeff1
11-15-2013, 02:26 AM
3 of the 4 washers I cannot sell yet

Come on, get cracking ;)

jeff.

Boman
11-15-2013, 10:45 PM
LOL! Need to!

Boman
11-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Update :
He did replace these and one more with a noisy timer. He seemed to think the transmissions were bad. I told him I thought it might be the clutches since the housings were spinning, but I didn't argue the point.

Got too much time and money in the ones that these were replace with, but stuff happens sometimes.

jeff1
11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
The clutch was replaced?...and still not spinning?

jeff.

Boman
11-20-2013, 12:26 AM
No, the clutches were not replaced, the non spinning refrigerators were replaced. I think the clutches need to be replaced. The guy that sold them to me thinks the transmissions are shot. I asked what he would take for them since he thought the transmissions were bad. He said he would put trans in them. He may have been doing this for 20 years, but I would almost bet he is wrong. For one thing, he didn't,imo, do anything to determine the trans were bad except lay them on their backs and ..I really don't know what he did.

jeff1
11-20-2013, 02:23 AM
For one thing, he didn't,imo, do anything to determine the trans were bad except lay them on their backs and ..I really don't know what he did.

Maybe he has a crystal ball?! ;)

jeff.