PDA

View Full Version : Kenmore washer model # 110.5072010

Alex
11-22-2013, 03:13 AM
My girlfriend has a Kenmore washer and when it completes a wash cycle the inside tub is filled with water. She has to turn the control knob to spin/drain (I believe that's the setting) in order to drain the water from the washer. Once the water is drained, she turned the inside tub with her hand and could hear water sloshing around. The research I've done so far is pointing to a bad/defective timer, so I'm writing to get some professional feedback. Also, if she hears water sloshing around where is this water being held, and how can I help her get rid of it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jeff1
11-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Hi,

when it completes a wash cycle the inside tub is filled with water

Filled completely? Just a little?

She has to turn the control knob to spin/drain (I believe that's the setting) in order to drain the water from the washer.

And it drains ok then? Spins ok at that time?
If a washer cannot drain it will not spin.

Once the water is drained, she turned the inside tub with her hand and could hear water sloshing around

Balance ring on the tub can have a liquid inside, that is normal.

The research I've done so far is pointing to a bad/defective timer

This washer has an electronic board rather than a timer.
Lets get some more info on the questions above and we will go from there :)

jeff.

Alex
11-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Thanks for replying:

1. She says it's filled about half way.

2. She says it seems to spin and drain okay during that cycle.

We don't live together so I haven't seen or heard it personally it's all her account of the situation, so if needed I can run a cycle when i'm there and look/listen for anything you suggest. Thanks for your help.

jeff1
11-23-2013, 02:15 AM
This washer has some built in diagnostic helps and tips.

WON?T SPIN - page 10
WON?T DRAIN - page 11

LINK> http://www.applianceaid.com/pdf/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10280489.pdf

jeff.