PDA

View Full Version : whirlpool dishwasher #gu2275xtvq3 leaking from middle of door

mrfixit
11-23-2013, 08:36 PM
hi jeff. water level is good just touching underside of element. spray arms good no cracks. door seal good. unit is level.at the bottom of the door there is a round plastic seal piece that is part of the inner door. it runs along the length of the bottom of the door.it has a rounded shape at both ends of the door but in the middle where its leaking it's not as round. do you think heat may have caused it to warp a little? is it repairable? its a plastic tub unit.the piece i'm talking about seals against the lip of the tub when the door is closed. has this been a problem with this d/w. thanks. oh there's no problem with soap. they use the little packs of cascade. leaking usually occurs within the first couple of minutes of wash cycle.

jeff1
11-24-2013, 01:06 AM
Hi,

it has a rounded shape at both ends of the door but in the middle where its leaking it's not as round. do you think heat may have caused it to warp a little?

Yes, absolutely.

is it repairable?

Other than being replaced, nope.

has this been a problem with this d/w

It is a problem with many d/w's.

jeff.

mrfixit
11-24-2013, 02:49 AM
its part of the inner door, so i'd have to replace the whole door wouldn't I?

jeff1
11-24-2013, 12:49 PM
I couldn't find it as a seperate part so it would appear so yes.

No pic Inner door mastic assembly 8575895 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=1201553)

jeff.

mrfixit
11-24-2013, 01:01 PM
thanks so much jeff!!

jeff1
11-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Your welcome :)

jeff.