PDA

View Full Version : G.E. Spacemaker

Boman
11-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Model - WSM2700RAWWH

Washer dryer combo.
I have never been inside one of these, and have not been able to find a video on it yet.
Have to gain access to the water inlet valve through the front? Or, does the top come off?

Thanks.

jeff1
11-24-2013, 01:09 AM
This is a Frigidaire unit with a GE name on it....access helps...

http://www.applianceaid.com/frigidaire-westinghouse-washing-machine-help.php#apart
http://www.applianceaid.com/frigidaire-stacked-washer-dryer-help.php

Have to gain access to the water inlet valve through the front?

Front.

jeff.

Boman
11-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Thanks very much for the quick response, Jeff.

You never cease to amaze me with the material you have access to.

jeff1
11-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Happy we could help :)

jeff.

Boman
11-27-2013, 11:22 PM
This one accessed through the front...sort of. Removed the front then removed the top to get to the water valve. The temp switch checks to be bad on one side. May explain why one side of the valve was capped off. :rolleyes:

Looks like I would catch on to these little tells. Should have been a red flag.
Oh well, I can wire it for either or I guess. Can't see it is worth the price of that switch to sell. I may check around on the price again.

jeff1
11-28-2013, 01:27 AM
The temp switch checks to be bad on one side.

Consol switch is bad....that is rare. Fill valve checked ok?...tried a test cord on both sides?

Is there any #'s printed on the switch?

506 Water temperature selector switch Manufacturer Number WH12X738 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=278519)

jeff.

Boman
11-28-2013, 09:53 AM
There were some numbers on the switch, but I didn't take the time to really look at them. I did see them on a diagram of the unit.
The switch has a blue/black wire, blue, yellow/black, and yellow. One pair would show to be making up (bl/bk and bl). The other (y/bk and y) would not show any continuity when the switch was switched.

I did clean the contacts on the solonoids off on the valve to get a reading on the ohm meter.
I guess I should try the cheater cord on the solenoids. I wish I had recorded the readings. Seems to me they were in the mid 800's.

Still wouldn't explain only one pair of leads at the switch closing.

I had considered the possibilty of a mechanical failure of the valve, but when I couldn't get a reading on both sets of leads at the temp switch, I really didn't give it anymore thought.

How would I check to see if the power is getting to the pair that is not closing? Incoming to ground?
Thanks.

Come to think of it, I did switch the leads at the temp switch and still got water in the tub at the same setting (cold). Does that fact not indicate both solonoids are working?

jeff1
11-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Come to think of it, I did switch the leads at the temp switch and still got water in the tub at the same setting (cold). Does that fact not indicate both solonoids are working?

Hopefully.

There were some numbers on the switch, but I didn't take the time to really look at them

This unit is a Frigidaire built unit with a GE name on it....GE parts are more expensive, thought we would try and see if we can get the Frigidaire version which may be cheaper.

jeff.

Boman
11-28-2013, 01:37 PM
I have definitely noticed that about GE parts in the past

I came up with the same number as you on the schematic at A-1's site for the GE.

jeff1
11-28-2013, 02:56 PM
I found this one but says it is NLA

507 508 Water temperature selector switch Manufacturer Number 5308014346 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=3541)

jeff.

Boman
11-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Thanks Jeff. I will either sell it as it is, give it to someone in need or keep it as a shop machine, if I don't come across a switch.

Boman
11-30-2013, 10:15 AM

jeff1
11-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Find any numbers on that switch?

jeff.

Boman
11-30-2013, 10:19 PM
I will try to think to look again tomorrow. I have found one for $31 + $10! for shipping. Not sure I want to invest that much into this machine. I might just to give it to my grand-daughter.

jeff1
12-01-2013, 02:17 AM
I have found one for $31 + $10! for shipping. Not sure I want to invest that much into this machine.

That not bad for a washer and dryer.

I might just to give it to my grand-daughter

You have a grand daughter old enough to use a washing machine? :eek:

jeff.

Boman
12-02-2013, 11:24 AM
That not bad for a washer and dryer

Actually, it is not when you consider it is a washer and a dryer we are talking about.

You have a grand daughter old enough to use a washing machine?

Yep, sure do. Eighteen. Oldest Grandson is older than she is.

Getting a little long in the tooth here,,,,,,,,,,,,except for the ones I no longer have. :(
LOL!

Btw, can you tell me how this combo unit compares in size to a normal set from the model number? It really does not seem small, and it is not very light.

Boman
12-02-2013, 11:51 AM
I have found one for $31 + $10!

I must be older than I thought. This thing is $51 plus shipping. I doubt I would have put it on my watch list if it was that much. Of course, I could have looked at it wrong and saw what I wanted to see. :rolleyes:

I feel that would be cutting the profit margin a little close on this. Then again, sometimes, we have to do things just to recoup our investment.

I might just take the switch apart and see if I can do anything with it out of curiosity. If/when I destroy it, I can wire it up on one temp again and let it be.

Or maybe I could try to mount one of the newer ones that twist into position.
Aww! Lot of thinking on a small dollar item.

Sometimes, it is not just a dollar thing though. :D

jeff1
12-02-2013, 01:17 PM
This should be the full sized capacity.

jeff.

Boman
12-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Something in the numbers tell you that?

Thanks

jeff1
12-03-2013, 01:31 AM
On the older models Frigidaire used X for extra large capacity and S for super capacity.

jeff.

Boman
12-03-2013, 10:24 AM
WSM2700RAWWH
The 'S' indicates Super capacity?

Thanks

jeff1
12-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Should be yes.

jeff.

Boman
12-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Thanks. I thought this unit was bigger than I remembered one I had before being.