View Full Version : Frigidaire dishwasher model# FDB1500LFC2

melinda27858
11-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Frigidaire dishwasher model# FDB1500LFC2, approx. five years old.

No previous issues. Ran washer while I was out of house. Opened to unload that night, dishes were still dirty on the bottom and top rack. Ran again to listen to problem. Bottom is filling up with water, all lights on control panel indicate it is working. When it finishes fill, it usually pauses and then you can hear noise of sprayer arms working and some motor noise. However, now it finishes fill and is silent, no washer arms moving, no spray, no motor noise, it is silent. I have removed and cleaned the sprayer arms and food traps. Removed the stem housing, and the propeller assembly under that seems in working order. Not sure where to look next. I need help troubleshooting.

Thanks!

jeff1
11-25-2013, 02:25 AM
Hi,

However, now it finishes fill and is silent, no washer arms moving, no spray, no motor noise, it is silent.

If you push drain/off/cancel does the d/w drain out the water?

Not sure where to look next. I need help troubleshooting.

This unit has 2 motors, one for washing and one for draining. With no washing occuring we would allow the d/w to fill and when the d/w is suppose to be washing but is not we would check check for power ( 120 volts AC ) to the wash motor.....power at the motor plug and no go = new wash motor time, no power there and likely a control issue.

500 Pump motor with o-rings Manufacturer Number 154844301 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=1940268)

jeff.

melinda27858
11-27-2013, 12:08 AM
Yes, the unit drains when the cancel button is pressed.

jeff1
11-27-2013, 02:24 AM
Yes, the unit drains when the cancel button is pressed.

That means the drain motor and pump is fine.....for sure check that washing one.

With no washing occuring we would allow the d/w to fill and when the d/w is suppose to be washing but is not we would check check for power ( 120 volts AC ) to the wash motor.....power at the motor plug and no go = new wash motor time, no power there and likely a control issue.

Check st the plug connector ( seen in the pic )...

502 Pump motor Number 154844301 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=1940268)

jeff.