PDA

View Full Version : Multiple spins to remove water

Boman
12-29-2013, 12:17 AM
The best I can tell the model is 41748102701. Frigidaire built Kenmore? Front loader.

Complaint was about every 2 or 3 washings, it was necessary to run spin more than once to get rid of all the water in the drum/basket. Blockage somewhere in the lines? Does this machine have a filter before the pump?

I will disassemble tomorrow and check the pump when I can get it outside. it is very heavy, and I suspect there is still quite a bit of water that will be coming out.

jeff1
12-29-2013, 02:21 AM
41748102701. Frigidaire built Kenmore? Front loader.

Yes, a Frigidaire built Kenmore.

Complaint was about every 2 or 3 washings, it was necessary to run spin more than once to get rid of all the water in the drum/basket.

If a washer cannot drain properly, it cannot spin.

Blockage somewhere in the lines? Does this machine have a filter before the pump?

Yes it has a filter in the pump boot ( #40 ), bad pump is always possible as well.

531 Drain pump Manufacturer Number 137221600 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2754548)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHCICd7kPvM&feature=player_embedded

jeff.

Boman
12-29-2013, 07:03 PM
K, I found the filter clogged up. I removed it from the sump hose to clean it. How far in the hose does it go? I had to work it past the corrugated parts of the hose to get it out as it was way down in it. Looks like it may suppose to go just at the first pleat in the hose or maybe the last one, not all the way to the bottom. Looks to me like it got clogged and eventually got pushed all the way to the in by water pressure.

It wasn't necessary to remove all the parts shown in the video, just the bottom panel. This machine has a 2 piece front. I had watched t hat video last yesterday. It did show me the bottom panel screws.

I removed these after almost breaking the plastic on the control panel. Someone has been in it before and it is as if one side has been glued. It may have been because there is some cracked/broken plastic where screws were tightened too tight.

Anyway, just need to know how far in the hose the filter goes before I reassemble it.

Thanks a bunch for the info.

jeff1
12-30-2013, 02:16 AM
Push it in down far and you should be good to go.

jeff.

Boman
12-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Down far but not to the bottom? It looks like the flange on the filter should set down on something to keep stuff from bypassing the filter.

Let me get this straight. The hose has a pleated section in it. The filter was down past this pleated/corrugated section all the way to the bottom where the hose turns back toward the pump itself. I had to wrestle the filter out back up and out by stretching the pleats around it. Are you saying to push the filter all the way back down or just dow far into the hose to let the flange sit on the first pleat? This would stop water from bypassing the filter, but not sure if it leaves enough room around the filter in the hose to let the water pass as quickly as it should.

Boman
12-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Alright. pushed it all the way down. So far, so good.

jeff1
12-31-2013, 01:52 AM
Alright. pushed it all the way down. So far, so good.

Good.
You want it out of the way for the WLC hose spout but down in the water flow into the pump.

jeff.

Boman
12-31-2013, 12:35 PM
It should not interfere with the wlc as it is in the boot perpendicular to the pump itself and away from the wlc.

Now if I could find a good image of the control buttons. A lot of the lettering is gone making it hard to tell what it is set on.

jeff1
12-31-2013, 12:58 PM

jeff.

Boman
01-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Thanks Jeff. I am trying make the words out. I thought I had them figured out earlier.