PDA

View Full Version : working stat replacement

Boman
01-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Ever, replace a working stat and heater with a 1 piece stat with the built-in heater?

jeff1
01-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Ever, replace a working stat and heater with a 1 piece stat with the built-in heater?

You mean the separate operating thermostat and heater with one an all together?...nope, have not done that.
Why replace a working one?

jeff.

Boman
01-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Why replace a working one?

Not sure these two pieces are working properly. Another post refers to this dryer. The two pieces are way more expensive than the one piece I have, and there is only a couple of degrees difference in the average temp rating. (2.5 actually)

The original stat is rated L150-20. The one piece is rated L155-25

jeff1
01-13-2014, 02:32 PM
5? either way and you -should- be ok and safe to try it.

jeff.

Boman
01-14-2014, 01:31 PM
I considered the thought of swapping the types of stats in the same vein as the lid switches that had the tube coming out of them to allow air to escape the switch not being used as much anymore. Kinda like one being old school that can be substituted with an updated (and cheaper) one. But, for liability reasons, I hesitate to do this. Not saying I will not in the future. I feel it is safe as long as the replacement is working properly, and it is not any more prone to malfunction than the original.