PDA

View Full Version : No heat GE

Boman
01-19-2014, 01:26 AM
Model - DLB3400SBLWH

Guy said this dryer would stop heating, but you could sometimes shake it, and it would start heating again. I done everything but dance with it with no luck. If all the stats and the element checks good, how do I check the heater switch at the motor? The diagram says 1 and 2, if I read it right. Activate the centrifugal switch and get a beep from 1 and 2?

jeff1
01-19-2014, 12:41 PM
how do I check the heater switch at the motor? The diagram says 1 and 2, if I read it right. Activate the centrifugal switch and get a beep from 1 and 2?

Yes.
Should be open ( no continuity ) when the motor is not running and closed ( continuity ) when the motor is running.

Check the timer...
http://www.applianceaid.com/ge-dryer-timers.php

If needed:

555 Timer assembly, Manufacturer Number WE4X832 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=276912)

jeff.

Boman
01-19-2014, 01:27 PM
The timer aspect may explain the bumping/shaking making it heat sometimes. I will definitely check the timer. Got a feeling about that. :(

thefixer
01-19-2014, 02:32 PM
You would have to disconnect L-2 at the power cord connection block and the violet wire from the heater terminals in order to check continuity on the switch with motor running. Ain't much to the timer on this model. Jump A to B to bypass for heat.

jeff1
01-19-2014, 03:32 PM
The timer aspect may explain the bumping/shaking making it heat sometimes. I will definitely check the timer. Got a feeling about that. :(

Sometimes one spot would heat, move the timer knob a little and the heat would disappear....or even wiggling/jiggling the timer knob made the heat work or not work.

Normally on most that I see, the motor heat switch broke and stayed broken.

jeff.

Boman
01-19-2014, 11:44 PM
I can't get anything between A and B in timed cycle. But, I think I can get a couple of others going with the front bearing and the air duct from this one.

In regards to the red leg on the terminal block and the violet on the heater, can't I just manually push the centrifugal switch back to get a reading?

Boman
01-19-2014, 11:45 PM

jeff1
01-20-2014, 12:49 PM
can't I just manually push the centrifugal switch back to get a reading?

You should be able to.

What happened?...the profanity filter blank that out ;) :D

jeff.

Boman
01-20-2014, 11:36 PM
What happened?...the profanity filter blank that out

Lol! Don't think so. I had asked one of them ( even to me) duh! questions. Decided to conceal some of my ignorance. ;)

Can't even think right now what the question was.