PDA

View Full Version : cabrio

Boman
01-20-2014, 11:49 PM
Model - WTW5640XW0

Complaint was not spinning all the water out and having to run spin cycle two times.

I removed and disassembled the pump to look for obstruction, found none. Belt seems okay, might have 3/8 to 1/2" play slack or down. I did notice the tub ring has been scrubbed somehow and has like a ridge partly around it. You can break this rough area off by hand. Is the an indication of overloading or running the machine off balanced?

Does the water go straight from the tub to the pump, or does it have a filter of some sort? I don't recall seeing one on the diagram for this machine.

I did notice, while looking for something between the tub and the pump, the wash plate (?0 did not want to come off, and the screw was very tight coming off. I never did get the wash plate off. Not sure the screw is screwed all the way down as the plate still has play in it.

Comments?

jeff1
01-21-2014, 01:18 AM
I did notice the tub ring has been scrubbed somehow and has like a ridge partly around it. You can break this rough area off by hand. Is the an indication of overloading or running the machine off balanced?

Yes and yes. Sometimes if wrong soap is used a wall of water is created causing balance issues.

Does the water go straight from the tub to the pump, or does it have a filter of some sort?

#14 is a filter...

Manual 1 (http://www.applianceblog.com/manuals/Cabrio6th.pdf)
Manual 2 (http://www.applianceblog.com/manuals/Cabrio_Washer.pdf)

jeff.

Boman
01-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Thanks, Jeff. What do you suggest I do to get the wash plate off, spray with penetrating oil and let soak? If I put a strap under it and pull upward, will it break the plate?

I had attempted to remove it looking for a filter, so I was on the right track.

jeff1
01-22-2014, 02:07 AM
spray with penetrating oil and let soak?

That sounds like a good plan.

If I put a strap under it and pull upward, will it break the plate?

Possible yes....but worth a shot!

jeff.

Boman
01-22-2014, 11:03 AM
I make sure things are warmed up a little before trying to force the plate off. Plastic can get pretty brittle when cold.

Is the screw normally this tough to get get out? This one seemed tight almost all the way out. Guess it had started rusting.

jeff1
01-22-2014, 12:36 PM
Is the screw normally this tough to get get out?

Nope.

jeff.

Boman
01-26-2014, 12:12 AM
Well sprayed the plate with penetrating oil and got it off. Can't get the inner tub out. Like to never have gotten the top raised. 'bout ready to toss this d...ang thing!

With the tub nut off...ah, nevermind...for now.

jeff1
01-26-2014, 01:46 AM
Can't get the inner tub out

Should just lift out.

...and with everything being plastic you can't add any heat to help loosen things up.

jeff.

Boman
01-26-2014, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I thought it would just lift out. Maybe sparaying it and letting it set a while will help.

jeff1
01-27-2014, 01:12 AM
Maybe spraying it and letting it set a while will help

Yup, best choice.

jeff.

Boman
02-15-2014, 12:25 AM
Well sprayed the plate with penetrating oil and got it off.

Not sure where I come up with this statement. I must be getting confused with other machines. I do not have the plate up. I hope to revisit this machine soon. My little grand-daughter (12) is missing it.

jeff1
02-15-2014, 01:24 AM
I hope to revisit this machine soon. My little grand-daughter (12) is missing it.

Hurry up Grandpa ;) :D

jeff.

Boman
02-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Not sure there is anything I can do about an overloading situation. I suspect this what was happening. I do intend to get it out and try a load myself to see how well it spins out.

But yeah, she likes it better than the Whlpl loaner I sent over. I get this via grandma. The daughter-in-law likes the older whlpl but not quite as much as the newer cabrio. Says she can get more done with the latter.

Boman
02-15-2014, 10:58 PM
I was mistaken. I had removed the plate, nbut I could not get the tub out. :mad:

jeff1
02-16-2014, 02:04 AM
Maybe spraying it and letting it set a while will help

I had removed the plate, nbut I could not get the tub out

That's the last thing you mentioned.

jeff.