PDA

View Full Version : one pice heating elements

Boman
02-11-2014, 01:15 AM
Any reason an electric dryer with a one piece element not connected to the exhaust vent would be slow to heat up? Dryer has been cleared of any blockage, debris, etc in the pipes and cabinet.

Ambient temperature does not seem to be the problem as other dryers seem to heat right up. Maybe it is a difference in the dryers. Not sure what brands I am talking about at the moment. I have had a few that seemed to blow a while before really putting out any heat. Others seem to put heat out almost right away.

jeff1
02-11-2014, 02:01 AM
Any reason an electric dryer with a one piece element not connected to the exhaust vent would be slow to heat up?

How slow?

Dryer has been cleared of any blockage, debris, etc in the pipes and cabinet.

Air intakes also been checked?

Dryer design ( might only effect certain ones ). Low voltage ( should effect all ). Lower wattage element ( might only effect certain ones ).

jeff.

Boman
02-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Almost forgtot about this post. I was checked one of these yesterday. Man these things get nasty. I have about decided cleaning these appliances without a haz mat suit is not healthy.

Three seemed to all heat about the same. Didn't really let them go long. The shop was pretty cold and a concrete floor. May take the concrete a little while to heat up to the point of not affecting the dryer output.

jeff1
02-13-2014, 01:09 PM
I have about decided cleaning these appliances without a haz mat suit is not healthy.

LOL!

jeff.