PDA

View Full Version : Goin'in!

Boman
02-11-2014, 11:52 PM
You guys ever swap contact blades in timers out?

What is the chance I could shape another blade, if the length is right, to fit in this timer?

How do they come out? Are they barbed in or placed in then something bent or spread at the exterior terminal?

The only ones that are burned are A and B. "A" is the right most. This prevents A and C from making up.

This time is part # W10185970 D

I bought it with the knowledge it ran but would not heat. The heat contacts (A and C) in the timer are burnt. I filed them a little and got it to heat a little. I took it apart again tonight because it would not heat and cleaned the contacts more thoroughly and sanded the plastic piece of the housing a little so the burned down contacts could touch. They now give me a reading when reassembled.

jeff1
02-12-2014, 01:27 AM
You guys ever swap contact blades in timers out?

Yes.

What is the chance I could shape another blade, if the length is right, to fit in this timer?

Probable.

Are they barbed in or placed in then something bent or spread at the exterior terminal?

W10185970

That one looks like they are...

jeff.

Boman
02-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Just filed the contacts again. Dried some towels with it today.
Almost forgot to add in auto, it seems to take a while to dry 5 towels (45 minutes to an hour), but the ambient temp may play a roll in that.

Another t hing that has me concerned is it stopped at "cool down". Is that normal, or should it keep running but with no heat to "Off"?

Actually, it may have continued to "off". I came in the house after a while of doing other things.

jeff1
02-15-2014, 01:20 AM
it stopped at "cool down". Is that normal

Nope.

or should it keep running but with no heat to "Off"?

Yes.

Actually, it may have continued to "off".

Without running, timer issue.

jeff.

Boman
02-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Just got back from checking it. It did stop on "cool down" and the timer did not advance past where it stopped. According to the schematic, I should get a reading between t and x or t and f but not both in cool down. I get a reading between t and x, not between t and f, so I am confused as to why it stopped where it did.

In Timed Dry, I do not get a reading between C and A, but it does heat. I think C is the one I did some filing on.

I guess I will pull this one for now.

Thanks.

jeff1
02-15-2014, 01:23 PM
This is an example only!

B and A is heat. They should open at cool down and B to C is still closed until the off.

jeff.

Boman
02-15-2014, 02:42 PM
Decided to take another shot at this thing in case I wasn't holdin' my mouth right or something. I did adjust C just a tad so it would close with B. It is now running on Cool Down.

I will try a few more times today to try and get a little more confident in selling this dryer.

Btw, thanks for that explanation of what the different terminals do. It explains why the heat was still on. B and A were closing.

jeff1
02-16-2014, 02:03 AM
It is now running on Cool Down

Good :)

jeff.

Boman
02-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Sold! Fingers crossed.