PDA

View Full Version : kenmore washer timer

Boman
02-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Kenmore - 110.82427810
Serial - LL252141G

Timer Number - 3347769B

I was hoping to replace this timer with another (3351741). As you can see, the numbers are different, and I can't find any indication they will interchange.

If I take this timer apart, am I going to have a bunch of stuff spring out, or can I carefully pull the top off to check things out?

The problem seems to be intermittent. I had run it a couple of times, and it did exactly what it was supposed to do. Then, I noticed at the end of one of these tests, there was still water in the tub and the timer was at off.

When I bought this washer, I was told it would not spin and needed a timer. I was thinking what are they talking about until this spin cycle was missed.

Of course, it does not have to be the timer. Hmm, think I will put a new lid switch on it and run several cycles. Might as well check the coupler too. That and check connections.

P.S. When I got it, it had a couple of screws missing from one side of the lid. I thought maybe this was causing a problem with the lid switch actuator. I will change the switch in case there was some arcing damage.

jeff1
02-18-2014, 04:10 PM
I was hoping to replace this timer with another (3351741). As you can see, the numbers are different, and I can't find any indication they will interchange.

Most will not.

If I take this timer apart, am I going to have a bunch of stuff spring out, or can I carefully pull the top off to check things out?

You can take the cover off for a peek inside....

jeff.

Boman
02-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Update:

Okay, I was standing in front of it this time when it was supposed to go into spin. It just kept agitating right on through to "Off". I have also seen it start to spin, spin for a few sec's, cut off and start to spin again.

Once while it was stopped, I noticed by pulling on the knob, it tried to start, so I think I will go inside and have a look as I think the problem is in the timer contacts and/or cams.

jeff1
02-19-2014, 01:35 AM
Certainly sounds timerish of an issue!

jeff.

Boman
02-19-2014, 02:31 AM
This thing appears to be toast. Did a little sanding, but it looks like the......carbon (?) is gone on a few of the contacts. Pu tit back together, did the same thing. Thing about it is, if I buy a used timer, heck, it might go out in a week. Sort of undecided what to do on this thing. Everything else seems to be in good shape. Couple of switches, transmission....

jeff1
02-19-2014, 12:38 PM
What kind of a warranty does local timer/board places offer if you get the timer rebuilt?

jeff.

Boman
02-19-2014, 01:42 PM
local timer/board places ??

Whut's zat? :confused:

Don't know of any around here.
You know, I really need to check into that. Some of the electrical motor places may do it or know of someone.

jeff1
02-19-2014, 03:47 PM
You know, I really need to check into that

For sure. Check some other local used dealers, see whom they use.
Some online...
http://www.applianceaid.com/appliance-timer-repair.php

jeff.

Boman
02-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Update:
Changed control panel with different timer and other switches. The switches and capacitor were the same except for the timer which was a little different. Then had to change the wiring harness. I am changing the cabinet also after I change the outer tub or at least the tub seal. Going from almond to white. I think I will change the back panel too as this one looks a little rough. Basically changing everything but the motor, tranny, pump and basic frame.

Hey runs good except for the slight leak I hope to fix today.

So this makes two scrappers brought back to life.

jeff1
02-24-2014, 12:37 PM
So this makes two scrappers brought back to life.

Recycling.

jeff.

Boman
02-25-2014, 01:52 PM
Recycling complete with the model number, another reason for changing the cabinet. Gonna look at changing the outer tub or modifying the existing to keep the bleach dispensor the "new" model number calls for.

jeff1
02-26-2014, 01:28 AM
Good deal :)

jeff.

sellycrash
02-27-2014, 11:12 AM
I also almost the same problem here and I hope find a solution

thank you
http://watchfree.me/7/w.png

jeff1
02-27-2014, 12:40 PM
I also almost the same problem here and I hope find a solution

Hi,

Which is?
On what make, model#?

jeff.

Boman
02-28-2014, 01:06 AM
Looks like I will have to modify the existing outer tub or change the base of the frame out also. The tubs are different sizes. May be a mute point anyway, if I can't get the inner tub out. :mad:

Regardless of whether I change the tubs, I have to get it out to fix the tub seal.

Maybe it will soak enough tonight so that I can get it off tomorrow. I wll drill a hole in it so I can insert the bleach dispenser hose and be done. I hope.

Actually, I might change the wls too. Not sure if the is a difference there. They look pretty much the same. May be calibrated a little different though. My thoughts anyway. It didn't seem to have any effect on the machine inoperation.

jeff1
02-28-2014, 01:48 AM
If the tub sizes are different, the WLC is likely different as well.

A copy:

To remove the inner basket you will need a spanner tool to remove the inner basket, remove the agitator, remove the tank cover, remove the nut and lift up of the inner basket. You may be able to get away with using a straight screw driver and a hammer. Once the tub nut is off, sometimes the tub gets frozen to the center hub. If the tub will not lift out, sometimes putting one foot inside of the tub and stomping down will break it free. Two people, one on each side can also lift up and push down at the same time, may also break the inner basket free.

jeff.

Boman
02-28-2014, 04:33 PM
I have the spanner wrench. That is another item I am glad to have. Have the tub nut off. Just a matter of getting the thing lifted out without do any damage.

I will definitely check the wlc switches' part numbers.
I thik these showed to have the same inner basket. I was hoping the outer tubs would be the same. No such luck.

jeff1
03-01-2014, 01:32 AM
I was hoping the outer tubs would be the same. No such luck.

No luck of the Irish?! ;)

jeff.

Boman
03-03-2014, 02:32 AM
'fraid not. Doubt I will ever attempt this again. When I change this, I have to change that. When I change that, I have to change this. All this to find out it more than likely is not going to work without reversing some what you have done, and if it does, it really is not worth the hassle.

Case in point I now need to remove the larger outer tub/basket as it does not leave enough room at the tub ring and ballast ring on the older inner basket. This means changing the basket, tub ring, skate plate or whatever it is called the tub is attached to. And then.........LOL!

Learning experience. I learned not to do this anymore!

jeff1
03-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Learning experience. I learned not to do this anymore!

LOL!

jeff.