PDA

View Full Version : ge spots

Boman
02-20-2014, 02:00 AM
This is a GE dryer with some kind of spots in it at the holes you can see. I got these from a lady that works at a local Flrd dealership. I assumed she worked in the office being the male chauvinist pig I am. But, now I think maybe she worked in the garage. The washer had dark spots at the holes in the tub above the water level. I thought uh oh, grease! This being said, these spots came off with a little Windex and a rag. I think a wet rag would have removed them.

If the pictures show, you can see where I washed some off to the right with a rag and some Windex glass cleaner.

What do you guys think?

There was no greasey, oily mess at the tub nut on the wqasher, but most of the dark spots were above the high water level.

Hell, I give up trying tro post pictures. I exceed something.

I do appreciate you guys being patient with me, but I can't seem to be able to figure the magical way to....nevermind.

jeff1
02-20-2014, 12:25 PM
This is a GE dryer with some kind of spots in it at the holes you can see

Dryer or washer?

The washer had dark spots at the holes in the tub above the water level. I thought uh oh, grease! This being said, these spots came off with a little Windex and a rag. I think a wet rag would have removed them.

Washer then. Body oils, hand creme oils, etc oils and such will float ontop of the water and leaves a line above the water line.....this is common and comes off easily.

jeff.

Boman
02-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Jeff, I think I have dealt with the rings you refer to, except that sometimes I use Ajax to get them off. These are just at the holes in the tub of the washer, but they are not hard to get off except for washing each individual hole. I suppose a good stream of water might do the trick rather than handwashing.

The thing is, and the picture I was trying to post, is the dryer is the same way just at the holes at the back of the drum. I can't remember ever seeing this before.

There was no sign of grease at the tub nut, and this dust, dirt, whatever comes off with almost just a wipe.

Like I said before, the washer has this above the water line. This made me think it was grease/oil but now I don't know.Whatever it is, I guess it originated in the washer, and I think I will part it out, not sure it is worth gambling on a timer.

P.S. I hope the rings I have dealt with were just body oils, softener, etc.. They were not nearly as easy as these spots to clean, and I have seen a few of them this year that had to be cleaned along with the agitator with Ajax.

Boman
03-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Jeff, are you saying the rings I have dealt with that required ajax and scrubbing might have been oil?

This has been on my mind since this post...and before actually.

jeff1
03-02-2014, 02:07 AM
Jeff, are you saying the rings I have dealt with that required ajax and scrubbing might have been oil?

Yes.
Not oil from the machine, oil from our bodies, hair, lotions, messages, etc.

jeff.

Boman
03-02-2014, 11:33 PM
I am a little confused. I know body oils and such accumulate. What is confusing to me is when you say they are easy to remove. Some of what I am talking about the get on the agitator and drum are sort of hard to get off. I will use ajax when need be. Like I think I said before, I have come across a lot of this lately. More than I remember years ago.

jeff1
03-03-2014, 02:18 AM
What is confusing to me is when you say they are easy to remove.

Anything I can scrub with an SOS and it comes off, is easy to me.....just a matter of what you consider easy, hard or just a pain in the a$$. ;)

jeff.

Boman
03-03-2014, 02:21 AM
Okay, then we have what I recently came across. Really easy to come off .and at all if not all the holes in the washer basket and back of the dryer. Very, very easy to get off, although a pain on the ass. These places are almost like dried dust or oil of some kind. Maybe something from the mechanic garage.