PDA

View Full Version : spin action (kenmore)

Boman
03-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Model - 110.24902200
What is supposed to lock and spin? The tube, basket and nut plus the shaft? I am concerned about the shaft. This machine is one I changed tranny on, and it seemed to spin the clothes out fine. I noticed today, as I was giving it a final check before a guy came to get it, the shaft can be held by my hand while the tub/basket spins.
I told the guy I needed a day or two to completely check it out before he picks it up.

I got to thinking this may be normal as it agitates fine, really churns the water when in right setting for it. Quietly when in the setting for that.

May just be the first time I noticed this action. And yes, the last time I tried a load of towels in it, they were spun very dry and dried quickly in the dryer, so no excess water is being left in the load.

jeff1
03-03-2014, 02:17 AM
What is supposed to lock and spin?

Clutch, spin tube, tub, nut, drive block.....tranny shaft and agitator just go along for the ride.

the shaft can be held by my hand while the tub/basket spins

Correct.

jeff.

Boman
03-03-2014, 02:23 AM
Thank you very much. Kind of thought so the more I thought about it. I kind of realized centrifugal force put the load on the walls of the basket.