PDA

View Full Version : help needed with Kitchenaid dishwasher

Guiseppe Soffiare
03-05-2014, 06:33 PM
I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher, model KUDLO3IVWHO (not sure if those are ohs or zeros, sorry) that's about eight years old and which has gradually been filling/washing less and less well. I took it apart to have a look inside the sump to see whether anything could be unclogged and found a lot of build-up, which I cleaned out. However, when I went to reassemble everything, I found that I couldn't get the propeller spindle to move once I reattached the spray arm, which seems to lock the spindle in place. Nor could I get the bottom propeller to screw back on. I do have the little gasket in place on the spindle. I did shop-vac the sump. Is is possible that I sucked out something that was keeping the spindle from seating in its housing? In the online videos I've watched, no one says anything about this problem or how it could arise. Any help you could offer would be most appreciated. Thanks!

jeff1
03-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Hi,

model KUDLO3IVWHO (not sure if those are ohs or zeros, sorry)

Zeros.
KUDL03IVWH0

However, when I went to reassemble everything, I found that I couldn't get the propeller spindle to move once I reattached the spray arm, which seems to lock the spindle in place. Nor could I get the bottom propeller to screw back on. I do have the little gasket in place on the spindle.

632 633 634

Odd!

Might help...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRCCrEwrst8&feature=player_embedded

Or this here (https://secured.whirlpool.com/Service/SrvTechAdm.nsf/2cd44500d572193285256a45004fd9d6/52521bdbd0ef763c85256cbc00520548/$FILE/8178022.pdf) may help.

jeff.

Guiseppe Soffiare
03-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the response. I finally got it fixed--the problem was that I was reattaching the entire water conduit on top of the spindle. When I disassembled the conduit and attached only the bottom length of it, I was able to keep it from pressing down and seating the spindle so that it wouldn't rotate. Also, since the spindle was projecting to its proper height, I was then able to reattach the lower spray arm (or propeller, as the guy refers to it in one of the videos I watched).

jeff1
03-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Thankx for the update :)

jeff.