PDA

View Full Version : Hydro wave washers

Boman
03-06-2014, 12:28 AM
WJRE5500G1WW Ge

If you set this washer on Heavy, is it normal for it to wash, rinse and spin before going through Medium, Light, etc..?

Also, how important is the inline fuse in the neutral line at the motor? I noticed someone has bypassed this one.

Guess I need to download a manual.

jeff1
03-06-2014, 12:27 PM
If you set this washer on Heavy, is it normal for it to wash, rinse and spin before going through Medium, Light, etc..?

I don't own one, but I would think it wouldn't change until it gets to the rince.

Also, how important is the inline fuse in the neutral line at the motor? I noticed someone has bypassed this one.

On newer machines it is not used any more.
I have some manauls, but no access to them here....will check tonight when I get home.

jeff.

Boman
03-06-2014, 01:07 PM
I would think it wouldn't change until it gets to the rince.

This one has settings like Heavy, Light and so on. I came in the house while it was running. When I went back out, it looked like it had finished and the pointer was at the end of the 'Heavy' segment on the dial. The clothes were spun out good, so I assumed it was finished.

I will run it again today to see if it advances if I leave it alone.

So, if the fuses are no longer used, do you think it would be okay to leave this one bypassed?

jeff1
03-06-2014, 04:06 PM
So, if the fuses are no longer used, do you think it would be okay to leave this one bypassed?

Probably...but the unit had one originally...always best to put it back to it's original condition before selling it.

jeff.

jeff1
03-07-2014, 12:48 AM
See if this manual helps (http://www.applianceaid.com/pdf/31-9188.pdf)...

jeff.

Boman
03-07-2014, 01:31 AM
always best to put it back to it's original condition before selling it.

Kind of my feeling too for liability reasons.

Thanks for the manual.

Boman
03-07-2014, 02:44 AM
I read the manual. I must have skipped over the part about the cycles. I didn't get to try this thing out again today. I don't think it even has an 'off' setting on the dial.

My thoughts were kind of like set it on 'heavy' and it will just add time to the wash and go right on through the other settings until it got to the off position whether it is marked 'off' or not.

Guess that is old school to some extent.