PDA

View Full Version : Bulging fridge door

Boman
03-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Model - 363.9520880

Same fridge I removed the temp control from.
I noticed when I open and shut the door, the doors seem to touch a little. Checking it out, I saw the middle of the ff had bulge in it.

Using a dollar bill I it seems to seal off okay, but just have to be sure to push the door all the way closed. That may not be so now. I did adjust the door a little.

I was tempted to place a board against it and whack it with a mallet but scared of busting the plastic liner.

How does a door get a bulge like this in it? Maybe someone slammed the door really hard or it got packed really tight against something during a move?

jeff1
03-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Have a picture of this?

jeff.

Boman
03-12-2014, 06:22 PM
If I did, I doubt I could post it here. Not sure if I can get it to show in a pic. Maybe I can with the doors shut showing the difference in the gap between them near the handle of the ff door.

I could do a short vid. May do that later today.

jeff1
03-13-2014, 02:14 AM
I could do a short vid

Ok

Could send me the pic...
Email (appliguy@hotmail.com)

jeff.

Boman
03-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I should be able to do that sometime today, since I didn't get to the video yesterday. Maybe it will show.

Thanks

jeff1
03-15-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't see a bulge....kinda looks like the gasket has folded over in the middle of the doors?

jeff.

Boman
03-15-2014, 03:14 PM
kinda looks like the gasket has folded over in the middle of the doors
Nope, that is the part that is bulged on the ff door.
Look real close and you may see the front edge of the door where the gasket is, is a little closer to the freezer door than the outer edge toward the handle is. A little more than a 90 degree turn toward the inside of the fridge there.
I tried to quickly clamp a 2x on both sides of the door to squeeze it back into shape with no luck.

The flat bar I then used left dings in the door (:() that do not show unless the door is open.

It does seem to seal off okay though. It just kind of bugged me, and I was curious as to how something like this happens.

Maybe someone changed the gasket at some point and did not know how to remove the old one when they started, so they did some prying..

jeff1
03-16-2014, 02:07 AM
Maybe someone changed the gasket at some point and did not know how to remove the old one when they started, so they did some prying..

Didn't think of that, possible for sure.

jeff.