PDA

View Full Version : Pulsating heated air

Boman
03-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Admiral dryer
Model - ATQ4475TQ1
Serial - M 1843196

Another machine sound problem. I noticed this thing has a strange sound to it. I contemplated how to describe it. I guess the best way is to say it sounds and feels like waves of heated air out the end of the vent pipe

My theory is the rear felt looks about worn out. This means there is some play in the drum and the rear bulkhead. This creates a pulsating sound as the motor turns the drum.

Make sense?

jeff1
03-14-2014, 02:25 AM
ATQ4475TQ1

Nothing coming up for me with this.

jeff.

Boman
03-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Model - AED4475TQ1

This number works. The number is a little smeared making it a little hard to read. I think this is correct. It is a Whlpl built machine.

jeff1
03-14-2014, 01:07 PM
AED4475TQ1

That one works :)

I guess the best way is to say it sounds and feels like waves of heated air out the end of the vent pipe

Odd...this is the better style, lint filter on top style.

Something caught in the fan blower, lint filter restricted....bad drum seal like you mentioned......

jeff.

Boman
03-14-2014, 01:32 PM
I disassemble all my dryers and clean them of debris and lint buildup. Pretty sure the felt is the problem here. It is just about gone in a place or two and worn smooth.

This set was a freebie. Had to change the transmission in the washer and puta heating element in the dryer. I was hoping to sell them as a set, now this. :rolleyes:

I have a felt I removed from a bigger drum. It is in pretty good shape. Tempted to cut it and have it sewn back together at the shoe shop. Hmm, wife's machine might do it. Not sure about regular thread though.

I just hate to wait for one to come in.

jeff1
03-15-2014, 02:14 AM
Probably safer to wait for the correct one...

644 Seal Manufacturer part number W10612022 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2813247)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zXg5iVKEel4

jeff.

Boman
03-15-2014, 01:01 PM
I did cut,sew , and glue the used felt seal last night. It fit like a glove. I reinstalled the drum this morning, and it runs very quiet.

I had some Eletrolux glue that came with another felt kit a while back and thinking the glue does most of the work by far, I decided to take a shot at it.

If I decide not to sell it with the used felt, I at least know what the problem is and can feel more confident in what to order.

jeff1
03-16-2014, 02:04 AM
I had some Eletrolux glue that came with another felt kit a while back

As long as it is high temp glue, it should be ok to use.

jeff.