PDA

View Full Version : Maytag Atlantis MAV5000AWW

Teach0123
03-19-2014, 03:34 PM
My washer started with a small leak a few months ago, then nothing for about 6 weeks, then a little more leaking here and there. I opened it up and my neighbor and I determined that we should change the drain pump. Still leaking...not always though. It doesn't leak until the tub is filled and it starts agitating. I did two loads yesterday, the first one leaked a lot, the second one...nothing. I'm doing a load now, no water. The closest other thing I can see that's wrong is the tub seal and bearings, but I'm not sure we can take that one on! Ideas/advice, please!!!

Thanks!!

jeff1
03-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Hi,

Where are you seeing the water leak coming from?
Can run the washer with the front off to help ID what/where the water is coming from.

The closest other thing I can see that's wrong is the tub seal and bearings

That would leak from the area under the tub where the tranny enters.

jeff.

Teach0123
03-19-2014, 04:52 PM
The water is leaking out the front and left side of the washer. I was going to try and open the front and see if I can run a load, just haven't had the time. Will try that this weekend. Thanks!

jeff1
03-20-2014, 02:12 AM
I was going to try and open the front and see if I can run a load

To access the washer, use a putty knife approximately 1" in on both sides and push in to release the top panel and lid clips.

Lift the top panel back towards the wall, be careful to tape the lid so it does not fall back and chip. On the inside of the front panel are two 5/16 screws. Remove them and the top of the front panel will come out towards you, then lift the front panel off the clips on the bottom and set aside. You know have access to the internal workings of the washer.

jeff.