PDA

View Full Version : Intermitten water levels

Boman
05-20-2014, 11:47 PM
Model - WTW5200SQ0
Serial - CU4131025

Anything other than a bad water level switch cause to little water in the tub sometimes in a whlpl top load washer? If the tube was not sealing off completely, the problem would be overfill, right?

After thinking about this a little, it dawned on me that the inlet valve could be the problem, right?

Which is the most likely problem, if either is?

Can ohming either indicate a problem like this?

I was told it might underfill 1 out of 20 times.

jeff1
05-21-2014, 02:31 AM
WTW5200SQ0

Top load style.

Anything other than a bad water level switch cause to little water in the tub sometimes in a whlpl top load washer?

Starts agitating with a smaller than normal amount of water....never agitates but keeps filling?
Drain hose too low or pushed too far into the stand pipe?...Yes, normally this would be a WLC/pressure switch issue.

If the tube was not sealing off completely, the problem would be overfill, right?

Yes.

After thinking about this a little, it dawned on me that the inlet valve could be the problem, right?

If the filling just stopped, no agitation....possible yes.

Which is the most likely problem, if either is?

WLC/pressure switch.

Can ohming either indicate a problem like this?

Not likely, sounds more like a mechanical issue than electrical.

jeff.

Boman
05-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Starts agitating with a smaller than normal amount of water....never agitates but keeps filling?

Hmm, I assumed it would agitate with a lower than normal water level sometimes. It never overfilled.

I think I will call today and ask about the agitation when the level was low.

Thanks.

jeff1
05-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Another thing is about water level....does anybody change the water level?....someone might have used a small water load and then the next person changed it from small to large without going to the reset.....if this washer has the reset on the WLC.

jeff.

Boman
05-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Lady that used this washer called me back. She told me the washer would just keep filling with water with no agitation. The water would not turn off by itself. It would never overfill. I'm thinking either the drain hose was too far in the pipe or it was too tight a fit with no air gap causing a siphoning action. The intermitten part concerns me some. I did not ask about this. Her daughter-in-law is the one I dealt with. She could have been mistaken.
There is no reset, just three levels.

I let it fill a few times on my trailer with the hose just sticking out in the air and let it ruin. So far, it has done what it is supposed to do.

I think it is good to go.

jeff1
05-22-2014, 02:43 AM
I think it is good to go

Me too.

She told me the washer would just keep filling with water with no agitation. The water would not turn off by itself. It would never overfill.

Siphoning.
http://www.applianceaid.com/washing-machine-faqs.php#filling

jeff.