PDA

View Full Version : Crosley anyone?

Boman
06-11-2014, 11:06 PM
Is this company still in operation? If so, where do they mainly distribute?

I have a pretty nice Crosley dryer and have had it for a while. No one seems to want it. One problem is the name that people are not familiar with. another problem is the small door even though it says Xlarge on the dryer.

At first I thought this dryer was made by Maytag. Then, I found out different.

WEre they, are the a good product?

I have seena very few Crosley appliances advertised in this area.

Got a little better understanding now. Closest distributor is Murfreesboro*, Tennessee.

jeff1
06-12-2014, 01:27 AM
Formed in 1976 in Winston-Salem, NC, the Crosley Corporation consists of a group of independently owned distributors who resurrected the Crosley trade name and introduced a line of refrigerators, freezers, ranges, dishwashers, air conditioners, and other appliances. We carried the heritage of such features as "Shelvador" and "Conservator" that were marketed for decades.

Crosley Corporation was established as a non-profit organization to help independent distributors and retailers compete in today's marketplace with quality appliances at affordable prices.

Crosley brand appliances are manufactured by world class corporations and are built to Crosley specifications. Crosley products are available exclusively through trained, independent appliance retailers to ensure you will always receive superior service and an exceptional value.

Crosley in the USA was an Admiral, Norge, Magic Chef & Maytag style product.
Crosley in Canada was an Inglis ( Whirlpool ) style product.

are the a good product?

Yes. They where usually a stripped down version with less bells and whistles.

jeff.

Boman
06-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks Jeff. I thought I had posted the link to their history page where I said I had a better understanding now. I see I failed to do so.
This does seem like a good dryer, but I haven't been able to give it away as of yet.

jeff1
06-12-2014, 12:30 PM
This does seem like a good dryer, but I haven't been able to give it away as of yet.

Some one will want it! :)

jeff.

Boman
06-13-2014, 10:41 AM
In this lifetime??
LOL!

I think I might post the link to their history with the ad. Not much I can do about the small door.

I have a Crosley stove that needs an oven thermostat. I hesitate to invest the money in it, about $50 for a used one.

jeff1
06-13-2014, 12:29 PM
I have a Crosley stove

Get a crosley fridge and washer and you will have a crosley full set of appliances for sale ;)

jeff.