PDA

View Full Version : Hot compressor

Boman
06-27-2014, 02:21 PM
M - tfx26grda
S - fz243761

Hello Jeff.
This relates to the post about the fan for the condenser and compressor.

The one on this fridge seems to turn slow and the compressor seems to get hotter than it should.

According to my infra red thermostat, it is still around 140 after being turned off a little while. I will recheck today with a fresh battery. Gets very hot to the touch, too hot to lay your hand on for more than a couple of secs.

MY first action will be to clean the coils and the fan to see if it makes enough difference. Pretty sure the coils has not been cleaned since new.
Would it be advisable to spray any kind of lubricant in the fan?

jeff1
06-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Would it be advisable to spray any kind of lubricant in the fan?

As a test ( is that where the noise is, does the fan run now, etc )....not as a repair.

Older compressors do/did run hotter than newer ones do.......when running the compressor is drawing cool gas from the evaporator into itself, when the compressor shuts off it will heat up some before cooling down....also check the current draw t omake sure it is not gettign too hot from drawing too many amps.

jeff.

Boman
06-27-2014, 05:40 PM
I don't recall any abnormal noise on this fridge.

When I get it cleaned up, I will see about checking the draw.

The fan seems to draw a pretty good stream of air when feeling it by hand, but the fan looks real slow. It is kind of caked up to some degree from not being cleaned in who knows how long if ever.

jeff1
06-27-2014, 09:51 PM
I don't recall any abnormal noise on this fridge.

That was more for the lubing the fan motor.....is the noise from there, I might spray with WD40 to see if the noise is now gone or still there.

jeff.