PDA

View Full Version : Electrolux dryer error code

Boman
08-13-2014, 09:34 PM
E-66

Thermal limiter.
The one on the burner is bad. The safety stat is also.

I crossed the fuse out on the burner and the machine runs. If the outlet limiter was bad, would it still show e-66 and not run? Needless to say, I am trying to avoid having to completely disassemble the dryer to check that one.

jeff1
08-14-2014, 02:20 AM
Electrolux dryer error code

Model#?

jeff.

Boman
08-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Oops!
Model - EIGD55HIW0

jeff1
08-14-2014, 12:20 PM
E66
Thermal Limiter Open Circuit

Outlet Thermal Limiter tripped Inlet Thermal Limiter tripped (Gas Model only) or wiring defective

Check Outlet Thermal Limiter for continuity. For Gas Model, also check Inlet Thermal Limiter for continuity. If Thermal Limiter is open, check for evidence of high temperature event and any resulting damage. If no further damage is evident, replace Thermal Limiter and retest.

Does show the outlet thermal limiter as being in series with the door switch.

jeff.

Boman
08-14-2014, 01:45 PM
K, so both have to be good in order for it to run.

Actually, it could still be defective as in letting the temps get too hot, right? If that one is not opening at the right temp, could that cause the stat and/or fuse to go out?

I tested the other on a hotplate, and it does not open even at higher temps than it rated for. The fuse is open as a result of a temp situation.

Update - My bad. This part, outlet limter, shows to be a fuse not a stat. Correct?

jeff1
08-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Yes a fuse instead of a thermostat.

jeff.

Boman
08-14-2014, 06:51 PM
While working on another, I happen to look toward this machine and saw the outlet limiter in plain view with the back off. I was thinking I had to disassemble the thing. Anyway, it checked good.

** What was I thinking.
Was checking some used stats on an electric skillet and tossed some thermal fuses in to see if they would open at 300 degrees. They did! Everyone of them! :(

jeff1
08-15-2014, 02:20 AM
They did! Everyone of them!

LOL....Oppps!!!

jeff.