PDA

View Full Version : Gas dryer

Boman
08-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Model - EIGD55HIW0
Electrolux

Have this in my shop to be repaired. All I can find wrong with it is the inlet limiter and safety stat. The dryer is not really all that dirtied up on the interior. I have no gas connections to hook this up and try it. It will run now unlike when it came in.

Is it likely something else might have caused this besides just wearing out or clogged vent/pipe? I did advise the person on checking their exhaust/vent system for blockage and/or a bent hose.

Good chance the safety stat malfunctioned and caused the limiter to blow? Could the burner have malfunctioned and not cut off causing an overheat situation?

Both the stat and the limiter were open at room temp.

jeff1
08-16-2014, 04:52 AM
I have no gas connections to hook this up and try it

That's not good.

It will run now unlike when it came in

Better :)

Is it likely something else might have caused this besides just wearing out or clogged vent/pipe?

Poor air flow ( venting ), not cleaning the lint filter, using too many bounce dryer sheets at the same time...

Good chance the safety stat malfunctioned and caused the limiter to blow? Could the burner have malfunctioned and not cut off causing an overheat situation?

Yes....probably not.

jeff.

Boman
08-17-2014, 01:05 AM
So you think the limiter, safety stat and advice I gave her about her venting system will more than likely solve her problem?

The dryer sheets did not cross my mind.

jeff1
08-17-2014, 02:42 AM
So you think the limiter, safety stat and advice I gave her about her venting system will more than likely solve her problem?

That is a very good possibility.

jeff.

Boman
08-24-2014, 01:47 PM
The dryer sheets did not cross my mind.

Glad you brought this up. Thought I would let you oknow and others who might see this, I wanted to cover all basis so I decided to check the lint filter housing and blower wheel housing. I noticed the lint filter had an odd look to it. About 80% of it looked a little shaded. Water would not flow through it. I had to wash it really good to clear it up. Apparently dryer sheets had clogged the screen thus causing the heat buildup.

Nothing a good spraying of Purple Power, soak time, and small brush couldn't handle along with a good rinsing and drying.

jeff1
08-25-2014, 01:36 AM
Yupper, hot water and a brush helps a lot.

jeff.