PDA

View Full Version : Frigidaire front loader size and vibration

Boman
08-21-2014, 12:39 AM
Model - LTF530FS0
Serial - XC64504412

Is this washer designed to go on a pedestal?

I attached it to a pedestal model nlpwd51. I t shook violently turing itsel around in the yard outside the shop.

I removed the pedestal and placed the machine in the shop on a concrete floor. It still shakes violently when it spins with a load in it. It did not do this empty. What gives?

Note - the two front feet have no rubber on them

Starting to think maybe there is a bad bearing.

Same one with the loose solder joint, about ready to put it on the curb!

K, I doubt I do that...yet.

Boman
08-21-2014, 01:01 AM
Grinding rattling noise. To me that spells bearing. Agree?

Like I said, it did do this befpre I attached to the pedestal or put a load in it.

jeff1
08-21-2014, 01:57 AM
Is this washer designed to go on a pedestal?

It can yes.

the two front feet have no rubber on them

That's not good, that helps the washer to stick to the floor and not move.

It still shakes violently when it spins with a load in it. It did not do this empty

Bad shocks, broken tub spring, broken spider on the inner basket, bearings....

Grinding rattling noise. To me that spells bearing. Agree?

Can you record it on your phone?

jeff.

Boman
08-21-2014, 02:27 PM
I did notice once the sound changed when I pulled on one of the shocks, but it was a clicking like sound I think caused by the machine being unbalance for whatever reason. This and the rattling/grinding sound takes me back to the bearing in my mind causing the unbalanced situation.

It ran fine empty before I put it on the pedestal. Now it acts up even when I removed the pedestal. I tilted it to put it on the pedestal by myself. It is like I did some kind of damage to it.

The person I got this from had tried to do something with it, and it was not completely put back together when I got it. I think I need to do some disassembly and check a few things.
Any certain way to adjust the metal rods that support the bottom?

Speaking of these rods, I have a theory. I had set this thing up outside my shop to run. My intent was to watch it go through it cycles with 3 small rugs in it. I really wanted to watch it spin as I knew it had done very well the few times I had tried it before putting it on the pedestal. I then though I could just put it back on spin when I got finished eating supper. After supper, I went back out there , and it had turned itself 18 degrees on the piece of pegboard it was sitting on.
In the shop (concrete floor) I removed the pedestal tried it. I did notice the rod were real tight.

Now I am wondering if the rods being loose caused the unbalanced situation causing the violent shaking all through the spin cycle and damaging the tub bearing.

I wish I had stayed and watched it and not went to supper.

I'll try to get a video of it and post it.

Thanks

jeff1
08-21-2014, 04:01 PM
My intent was to watch it go through it cycles with 3 small rugs in it.

Front loads hate small loads.....should be full for testing.

Any certain way to adjust the metal rods that support the bottom?

Nope. If cracked or leaking oil they are replaced.

jeff.

Boman
08-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Leaking oil?? These look like solid brass colored rods. Rods I did not see on another washer like it on on another site. Maybe a little different model.

Anyway, I removed the back and ran it on spin. Did what it was supposed to do quietly. I placed it back on the pedestal and it is running now (washing) with no problem. I remember when I put the back on it felt a little springy. It did not this time. I had also checked one of the shocks and ithe pin may not have been completely back in like it was supposed to be.

So far, so good.u.... Nope, just started shaking very bad in spin then stops spinning and tries to balance the load I guess then it will try again.

I ink maybe I need to check the counterweights in case they were left loose.

Boman
08-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Tighten the one weight just a little. No difference. The basket seems to go from back to front tapping on the back panel. The bearing seems tight. Guess this leads to a weak spring or shock. May be a part machine.

After looking more closely at a diagram of this machine, I notice there is another weight at the front Part number 131975300. Guess I need to check it out. If that does not solve the problem, I will have some parts for sale.

jeff1
08-22-2014, 02:26 AM
but it was a clicking like sound I think caused by the machine being unbalance for whatever reason

Sometimes the inner basket support will crack, this can give an clicking or banging noise as well.

These look like solid brass colored rods.

Replacement version... 826

Original version where often more of an white colour... 827

The shipping bolts are not still in place are they???

jeff.

Boman
08-22-2014, 12:20 PM
The brass colored pieces at the bottom of the picture with the shipping bolts, are they part of the shipping bolt kit? If so, you may have just found my problem. Never having worked on these, I thought they were drum/basket supports. They were still on it when I got it.

Guess that explains why I did not see any in the videos I have watched. :o

jeff1
08-22-2014, 12:40 PM
The brass colored pieces at the bottom of the picture with the shipping bolts, are they part of the shipping bolt kit?

Yes and they are removed for normal operations.

jeff.

Boman
08-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Got them removed. I think that will solve the problem. I also replaced the screws, clips, washers, and nuts. I assume they support the counter weight feet?....or something.
It is a wonder something didn't break around the outer tub. I will definitely check for leaks.
Thanks a lot.

Boman
08-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Bingo! Boy, if that don't duck your cap in the creek!

Much appreciated.

jeff1
08-23-2014, 05:06 AM
Happy we got somewhere with it :)

jeff.