PDA

View Full Version : Jenn Aire CCG2423W gas cooktop igniter keeps clicking

sokoloff
08-22-2014, 03:53 AM
Took the left front burner apart to give it a good cleaning. After putting it back together I now have the igniter clicking on both of the front burners when the left front one is on. When the right front one is on, as well as the two back ones, everything is fine. It's pretty obvious that my messing with the left front one caused the issue. As a side note the threaded nut that holds the burner base in place will not tighten because of stripped threads.

Any ideas what the issue might be? My first thought is that maybe there is moisture in the igniter because of my cleaning it up. Second thought is that maybe the stripped threads not allowing the base to be secured is the issue. Any suggestions appreciated.

Len

jeff1
08-22-2014, 12:38 PM
Hi,

CCG2423W

An auto relite cooktop.
Yes the spacing is important for the ignitor electrode.....the flame has to touch this to send a signal back to the spark module so it knows the flame is lite or it keep sparking. Cap not in place, base not in place could certainly effect this. Bad/broken/cracked switch, bad spark module would be next on the hit list.

jeff.

sokoloff
08-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Thanks Jeff. I'll work on trying to secure the base. That's most likely going to mean ordering some new parts. I've tried unsuccessfully to get them to fasten together, but I think the threads are too far gone.

Len

jeff1
08-23-2014, 05:05 AM
That's most likely going to mean ordering some new parts.

Yupper.

No pic Mounting nut (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2210635)

829 Orifice holder (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=1939573)

jeff.

sokoloff
08-31-2014, 02:15 AM
Thanks for the info Jeff. Got one more question for you. I replaced this same orifice and nut several years ago. After I put it all back together, I had some big yellow flames coming out of the burners. It turns out that I had to replace the burner tube as well because apparently the ferrule that seals it to the new holder/orifice may be a one time use item. A new burner tube fixed everything up. So my question is do I order a new burner tube now or wait and see if I really need to replace it? Sure would like to knock everything out with one order and one try.

Len

jeff1
08-31-2014, 03:31 AM
So my question is do I order a new burner tube now or wait and see if I really need to replace it?

Might as well. Can be sent back for a refund if not needed.

A copy:
Return Policy
365 Days. Period.? You may return any item for any reason within 365 days of placing your order.

jeff.

sokoloff
09-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Thanks for your help Jeff. Got it repaired with a new holder and mounting nut. Both the burner tube and the holder were NLA through normal channels. Never did find the burner tube, but fortunately I didn't need a new one this time. I found the one holder left in the world I think on e-bay. Seller was maninthemud - I highly recommend him. He was extremely helpful and cooperative. Looks like my next repair will mean a new range top since it looks like there are just fewer and fewer parts available anymore for a fifteen year old unit. Too bad because these things aren't that hard to repair. If you happen to have a "go to" source for NLA parts, I'd love to have the contact info for future needs.

Len

jeff1
09-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Thankx for the update :)

jeff.