PDA

View Full Version : Tappan Gas Oven Issues PLEASE HELP!

CMANN1
08-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi My name is Corey and this is my first post here,

Long story short, I bought a forclosure home and this oven was included and very clean so I would like to use it but I am having issues with the oven staying lit.

From the START this is what the sypthoms have been and work thats been done:

1.When "Preheating" oven Ignitor would glow, gas would light, and oven would start heating up. It would only stay lit for aprox 4-5 minutes then would go out with ignitor still glowing for a bit before it stopped glowing as well. The display would still read "Pre" as if is was still pre-heating. It seems to only heat up to 250 degrees F

2. I replaced the Ignitor with a new unit-----No Change

3. I replaced the Temp Probe with a new unit----No Change

The top 5 burners have no issues with staying on and the only other issue is that the lower RH burner doesn't ignite on its own but once lit it will stay on.

I am at a loss and need the oven to work. I do not have the funds for a whole new unit so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would be very greatful!

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Brand - Tappan
Model # TGF657BFW5
Age - 12yrs

jeff1
08-30-2014, 02:12 AM
Hi,

It would only stay lit for aprox 4-5 minutes then would go out with ignitor still glowing for a bit before it stopped glowing as well.

That is unusual!

2. I replaced the Ignitor with a new unit-----No Change
3. I replaced the Temp Probe with a new unit----No Change

New ignitor, new oven temp sensor....the gas valve should be ok or the ignitor and flame wouldn't have worked at the beginning....leaves the clock/control as the prime suspect.
But the clock/control for your range is coming back as NLA.

845 Electronic clock (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=499446)

I do not have the funds for a whole new unit so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would be very greatful!

May need to send those parts back and start saving for a new range.....sorry!

jeff.