PDA

View Full Version : kenmore elite agitator clip

Boman
09-02-2014, 01:12 AM
Model - 110.22942100

Could someone set me straight as to how the agitator clip is installed in relation to the plastic washer on the agitator? It is working the way I installed it with the clip on either side of the washer piece sticking up. But I would feel better if someone with more experience would confirm this is the right way for it to be installed.

jeff1
09-02-2014, 02:19 AM
#6 and #14?

jeff.

Boman
09-02-2014, 02:57 AM
Yes. According to that picture, I need to adjust this one.
Actually, that clip looks different than mine. Does that one come back on itself? Mine does not make a complete circle. It is open where the curved ends almost meet. There is a gap between them. I have this gap sitting on the upright piece of the washer. In other wrds, the upright piece of the washer is in the gap, not to one side. Is this import

Okay, got a better look. That is like mine. Just positioned differently. Important?

Btgw, what purpose do they serve?

thefixer
09-02-2014, 12:45 PM
The upright part of the plastic washer should not be inside the narrow gap between the curved ends of the metal clip. Anywhere outside of that area is ok. The purpose of the clip and washer is to ensure that the agitator spins at the same speed of the basket in spin cycle so that the fabric softener dispenser can dispense properly if used. This clip and washer is only used on models that have the dispenser on top of the agitator. During spin cycle, there is nothing in the transmission actively driving the agitator shaft. It spins due to incidental friction between bearings and seals in the basket drive and the seal inside the spin pinion gear, so the agitator shaft may not spin at the same speed as the basket. The plastic washer has a tab that fits into the drive block so in spin mode the plastic washer is being driven. The upright part of the washer comes into contact with the clip and drives the agitator shaft at the same speed the drive block is going.

jeff1
09-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Just positioned differently. Important?

Not overly important.

what purpose do they serve?

Keeps the agitator from bottoming out....kinda like a spacer/washer.

jeff.

thefixer
09-02-2014, 12:49 PM
That's not the purpose of those parts, see my post above.

Boman
09-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Thanks guys. So it really does not matter where the upright part of the washer is since it will contact the clip regardless, right? Or could it somehow cause problems down the road in agitation cycle?

thefixer
09-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks guys. So it really does not matter where the upright part of the washer is since it will contact the clip regardless, right?

Correct, as long as it's not in the narrow gap between the curved ends of the clip.

Boman
09-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Thanks. Actually, I thought it did matter where the upright piece is positioned because it will contact the clip anyway. I meant even in the gap, but I changed it so that it is not in the gap between the curved ends of the clip.

Thanks again.