PDA

View Full Version : Duet spacers

Boman
09-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Have a whirlpool Duet Sport I need to attach to the pedestal. I have to get the proper screws for this. I need to know what can I use for the spacers between the washer and the pedestal. Can I just cut some cove mold for this? This is the rubber like base moulding you see in commercial buildings and hospitals. Or, would pieces of sponge WORK?

jeff1
09-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Can I just cut some cove mold for this? This is the rubber like base moulding you see in commercial buildings and hospitals

Don't believe I have ever attached one to a base....but that would seem to be fine to try....it is heavy duty and thick enough.

jeff.

Boman
09-15-2014, 01:55 PM
a base

Let me make sure we are on the same page. I am talking about cutting some this material to place between the washer and the pedestal.
This stuff is pretty handy. I have used to make door sweeps, spacers for furniture legs, flower beds, etc..

jeff1
09-16-2014, 02:25 AM
Let me make sure we are on the same page. I am talking about cutting some this material to place between the washer and the pedestal

Yup....seems like a good idea.

jeff.

Boman
09-16-2014, 04:28 PM
I cut 8 pieces a few inches square, glue two pieces together then glued the two pieces in each corner with Gorilla glue. They are only glued to the pedestal and to each other. I thin it is working good.

That being said, I do hear what may be a pump sound when it pumps water. Maybe I should have placed some spacers under the pump. It sounds kinda like the sheet metal the pump is attached to is vibrating. The again, when I removed the pump, I may have left a screw loose or forgotten to put both back in.

Wife noticed it only did this when it is pumping water out.

jeff1
09-17-2014, 01:18 AM
Then again, when I removed the pump, I may have left a screw loose or forgotten to put both back in.

Oops!

jeff.

Boman
09-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Both screws are in the pump base. Not sure how well these spacers are working. I added another one or two to make sure the pump screws cleared the pedestal. I also added some between the corners.
Not sure how well these are working. They may be a little soft and letting the machine vibrate a little too much at some point of the spin cycle.

I think I am going to remove it from the pedestal and see how it does.

I have very little idea of what the spacers are supposed to be. Hard plastic like material? Flexible? I did see some generics at Lowe's, but I think they are for stand alones.

Boman
09-19-2014, 01:24 AM
From what I have been able to find in the last ....this evening, the spacers are just 4 round pieces that fit in the corners. I do not if they are hard rubber, how thick they are, or how they mount or how they are held in place. From the weight of the washer?

I saw one article that just says make sure the spacers are in place. This is with both pieces lying on their backs while installing the 4 screws.

jeff1
09-19-2014, 12:35 PM
http://www.ez-forums.com/showthread.php?1760-Whirlpool-Duet-Sport-Pump

jeff.