PDA

View Full Version : overflow

Boman
10-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Is it likely if you put too much HE detergent in a GE top load washer that would overflow so much it results in enough water to actually pour out the bottom? Recently I evidently put too much in one and I noticed the floor was wet. I tilted the machine and more water came out. Of course the tub was full of suds. They were on the bottom of the lid and on the tub ring, but it still surprised me that would cause so much water to drain to the bottom through the overflow pipe. I removed the front let it fill again with no detergent (few times). Everything seemed dry, so I assumed detergent was the cause.

jeff1
10-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Soap bubbles are little pockets off air so they can leak out places an the water will follow. Normally I would say no, but since you had it happen I guess it is possible.....HE detergent is normally a little lower sudzing than normal soap is.

jeff.

Boman
10-23-2014, 02:42 PM
little lower sudzing than normal soap is.

That is what I was thinking too. It is what was kind of throwing me off. I didn't thiunk I put that much in it, but it was full of suds. I think I will try a load in it before the lady picks it up.

jeff1
10-24-2014, 01:47 AM
Towels, track pants, ect will hold soap also in the fabric....we often throw a load of towels in the customers washer without any soap to see if they are using a little too much and see what soap comes out of the towels.

jeff.

Boman
10-24-2014, 01:51 AM
There was a slimy like coating on the tub ring. I figured it was fabric softener. My wife had mentioned that the previous owner may have been using too much soap. Almost a mute point. I gave the customer her money back she had paid on it. This is the one that was too noisy.

jeff1
10-24-2014, 01:59 AM
There was a slimy like coating on the tub ring.

Body oils and such will float on the top of the water and leave a ring around the tub.

jeff.

Boman
10-24-2014, 08:53 PM
I understand about body oils, but this was on the ring itself and had kind of a blue hue to it when wiped by finger. Anyway, it seems to be on the road to recovery now.

GE washers are beginning to leave a bad taste in my mouth

jeff1
10-25-2014, 02:57 AM
GE washers are beginning to leave a bad taste in my mouth

Stop kissing them good bye ;)

but this was on the ring itself and had kind of a blue hue to it

A softener build up is possible then....usually feels oily as well.

jeff.

Boman
10-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Stop kissing them good bye

One in every crowd! LOL!