PDA

View Full Version : Noisey agitator/coupler?

Boman
10-23-2014, 04:35 PM
GE
Model - whdsr209daww

Is this not a little too noisy? Is it me, or does the agitator looks too lose? This sold yesterday, but I am concerned that it is making too much noise.

http://youtu.be/vwtujwg8LQs

Found the problem. As I feared the bearing ans seal is shot at the shaft. Not sure why it is not putting oil on the agitator like another I have does with almost no play in the shaft. This one has a good bit of play and just kind of wobbles. Wife said looks like something is missing. Told her I think that would be the bearings and seal. :(

The agitator may have been cleaned before I bought it. It was disconnected when I got it, so I did not see it in operation. Looks like I would learn my lesson buying things without seeing them in operation.

P.S. Got to checking. This one and the other one I mentioned getting oil on the bottom of the agitaor and on clothes are identical. Must be another weak link in the GE washers.

jeff1
10-24-2014, 01:56 AM
does the agitator looks too lose?

It does.

Is this not a little too noisy?

Not overly.

As I feared the bearing ans seal is shot at the shaft.

Good catch.

889 TRANSMISSION & BRAKE ASSY (http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=196151&b=71869&m=11664&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Ea%2D1appliance%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2FWH3 8X10002%2DTransmission%2DBrake%2DAssembly)

jeff.

Boman
10-24-2014, 01:58 AM
Changed the tranny and tub and basket. Couldn't get the nut with my spanner wrench, so I just changed basket and all. I do not understand there is more of a gap between the tub ring and the cabinet than the other identical one has. The only difference in these washers is the lid switch from what I can see.

I had measured the tubs as I did not know what size of the one I put in is. They measured the same inside, so I figured it was a super also. Slightly wider gap, so I don't know. It still does a super load okay.

jeff1
10-24-2014, 02:00 AM
Couldn't get the nut with my spanner wrench, so I just changed basket and all.

That works! ;)

jeff.