PDA

View Full Version : Matag Neptune Washer Issue

SLSNUT
01-01-2013, 06:39 PM
This one's for Jeff or Roy Goetjen if he's moderating here.

We love our old Neptune washer (MAH4000AWW), had Roy rebuild my circuit board 6 years back after an overfill caused by electrical spike fried the board. R&R'd the wax motor then and the tub bearings 2 years ago. After installing the Isobar Ultrabloc 428 I?ve had no issues since, until last night. Machine stopped 3 times mid cycle and turned off (no lights). Re-started easily and continued through cycle until very last rinse when it over filled and flooded garage. It pumped and spun out when I pushed the ?on button. I ran it through a load just now (70 min) with no problems yet but I know I have a one. Anything sound familiar?:confused:

jeff1
01-02-2013, 02:02 AM
Hi,

Machine stopped 3 times mid cycle and turned off (no lights).

Some common trouble makers for shutting off...
LINK> http://www.applianceaid.com/neptune-washer-repair-tips.php

Re-started easily and continued through cycle until very last rinse when it over filled and flooded garage.

A flood eh...crap!
A copy:

Troubleshooting: Washer Overfills
•Set the Timer Knob into a wash increment and start the washer. Unplug the washer and check if water still flows into the washer. If it does continue to fill, check the water pressure at the washer.
•Replace the Water Valve if the water pressure is above 15 psi.
•If the water pressured is below 15 psi, it will need to be raised for the washer to operate properly.
•Check the Air Dome Hose for proper routing, connections, and restrictions. Replace or reroute if needed. The Air Dome Hose can be blown out to unplug some restrictions.
•Check for proper wiring at the Pressure Switch (blue wire no. 32, gray wire no. 33, and purple wire no. 34), Machine Control, and Water Valve (orange wire no. 7 and blue wire no. 9).
•Check the Pressure Switch to confirm the continuity is lost across terminals 21 (gray wire no. 33) and 22 (purple wire no. 34) when the water level exceeds the rinse level trip point.
•Replace the Pressure Switch if continuity is not lost in either condition.

A section of the printed circuit was burnt/corroded and had actually melted a bit of the plastic holder.....a short was created there :eek keeping the fill valve energized.

jeff.