PDA

View Full Version : Samsung LCD Partial Display

ctmeans
01-08-2013, 06:26 PM
We got a "new to us" Samsung washer/dryer set for $125 on Craigslist. The catch was they weren't working properly and were displaying codes. I like to fix things and took a gamble. The dryer just needed a new thermistor and element and now looks and works like new. The washer works...but the display on the LCD is partial. You can kind of tell how many minutes but not really. All other LCD on the display work, just not the numbers. Otherwise an excellent washer for the price.

My question is if you can replace just the LCD screen itself, or do you have to replace the whole control panel that otherwise works? What are the part numbers to replace and rough costs? If too much (>$60) I will put up with not being able to tell exactly how many minutes left to finish. My only concern is if it throws a code, I may not be able to tell what it is to fix it. Thanks in advance.

BTW, it's a model: wf338aaw and is 3 years old.

jeff1
01-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Hi,

My question is if you can replace just the LCD screen itself, or do you have to replace the whole control panel that otherwise works?

It would -appear- the panel and control board are separate...but some places that I tried say NLA ( no longer available ).
You can see the parts breakdown here (http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Samsung-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-WF338AAWXAA/1482/0153200?searchedModel=wf338aaw&blt=).
Samsung is a difficult company to get parts and repair info from :(

Sorry couldn't help more.

jeff.