PDA

View Full Version : no high spin

roughrider
03-31-2013, 12:49 PM
hello, we have a 8 month old maytag washing machine front load model # : YMHWE251YL that has intermittent no high spin cycle
has anyone run into this problem ?? everything is level and setup properly. thanks

jeff1
03-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Hi,

8 month old maytag washing machine

Don't get too deep into it and void your warranty. Should have 12 months from the purchase date.

that has intermittent no high spin cycle
has anyone run into this problem ?? everything is level and setup properly.

Intermittent problems are the worst!
One common thing about front loads is they must be full to work properly. Small, 1/2, partial loads will often go off-balanced and not spin correctly. Many people overload a top load and under load a front load! Fill the basket from the bottom to the top completely and see what happens. Failing that, call the warranty depot people in to have a peek.

jeff.

roughrider
03-31-2013, 01:45 PM
hi, i just told my wife about the load being full and she told me this problem only happens when she uses a hot water cycle, and doesn't seem to be associated with the amount of clothes in the machine?

jeff1
03-31-2013, 09:24 PM
she told me this problem only happens when she uses a hot water cycle

Never heard of the water temp effecting the spin before.....soap retention in the clothes could be an issue.

Testing time, next hot cycle that won't go through a regular spin, don't remove anything and run it through a cold cycle to see if the same/better/worse/etc and relay this info to the warranty depot repair company.

jeff.