PDA

View Full Version : Spinning and agitating?

Boman
05-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Amana
Model : LW7563w2
Serial No. : r 9511013589

I assume this to be manufactured in 1995 in the eleventh week.

The tub spins as it tries to agitate. Well, it starts off trying ti agitate a little. AS it spins faster with a load, the agitator tends to more or less index in one direction.

Also, when I raise the door, the tub coasts to a stop and takes a few seconds to completely stop.
The belt has chunks missing, so it will need replacing.

Anyway to tell if this is more than brake pads and a belt?

P.S. I took the drive bell/block off, and it seems to be okay. There was what looked like some rust under it.

Thanks

P.S. Dang, I think it has been a few years lmore than 7 or 8. Man! Where did the time go?

jeff1
05-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Hi,

I assume this to be manufactured in 1995 in the eleventh week

That is what it looks like yes.

Belt issue, tranny issue, brake issue, rusting in the seal and bearing area = boat anchor?!!?

jeff.

Boman
05-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Boat anchor?

Hey, that's twice in about 7 or 8 years you suggested that. Wait a minute....you were right the first time to. LOL!

So, no way to isolate the tranny as the cause here?
Oh well, may be some parts on it I can salvage.

jeff1
05-05-2013, 01:57 AM
So, no way to isolate the tranny as the cause here?

That would only be one of the trouble makers...some places are saying NLA, some are not...

288 Complete transmission assembly (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=532015)

jeff.

Boman
05-05-2013, 02:02 AM
That would only be one of the trouble makers...some places are saying NLA, some are not...

288 Complete transmission assembly (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=532015)

jeff.
Yea, tranny replacement would be ay out of guestion. I was justwondering if thre was a way to isolate it as part ofthe problem.

Anyway, I guess this will be a parts machine if anyone around here needs something tat works on it.

jeff1
05-05-2013, 02:06 AM
I was just wondering if there was a way to isolate it as part of the problem.

You already did...." Well, it starts off trying to agitate a little. AS it spins faster with a load, the agitator tends to more or less index in one direction:

jeff.

Boman
05-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Got it. Thanks.