PDA

View Full Version : Kitchenaid dishwasher drain cover/ check balls

FrankAR15
06-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Kitchenaid model: KUDV25SHbl2

Had an occasional problem with water not draining at the end of a completed cycle.
Bought an impeller/gasket kit and replaced as the drain impeller shaft had a crack in it.

When I removed the pump cover, the 2 check balls fell through.
My question is, are the check balls supposed to fall through and past the plastic nub?

When I look at the part online, it looks like it is fine. Just wondering if the plastic check balls could have worn or so I need a new pump cover. Or maybe it's fine.

jeff1
06-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi,

Yes they will.
Put back together and test your repair.

jeff.

FrankAR15
06-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi,

Yes they will.
Put back together and test your repair.

jeff.

Thank you! So far everything works great!

jeff1
06-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Glad to hear that :)

jeff.

rakers
11-09-2014, 04:25 AM
Hi Jeff,

I just took apart my Kitchenaid KUDS24SE dishwasher down to the drain cover. I only recall seeing one check ball in that part of the outlet pump. I also found a smaller check ball in the inlet base (part no. 302709) which I put back in when I reassembled - I'm not worried about this one.

I did notice in the Pump Motor and Parts listing, that there are supposed to be 2 check balls in the drain cover, listed as part no. 719929. I'm wondering if I could have possibly lost one. I swear I only saw one. Is the second check ball on the pump base underside?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

jeff1
11-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Hi,

KUDS24SE

That is part of an full model#...I get 26 models start with those digits...the rest is?

jeff.