View Full Version : Maytag dishwasher

Boman
06-15-2013, 01:52 AM
Model - MDBH975aws

All I can get from this thing is a flashing L when I hit start/cancel and heated dry light (green).
The L flashes about 4/5 times , and the Heated Dry stays lit. The green light for Heated Dry will not go off.

Whats up? Should I kill the power until I find out what is going on?

This is my own personal washer.

THanks

jeff1
06-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Is the lock on the key panal?
http://www.maytag.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/User%20Instructions%20-%20W10157789.pdf
Page 6

jeff.

Boman
06-15-2013, 01:41 PM
I was wrong about the Heated Dry light being on. It is the lock image. Evidently, I am having a problem with the locking mechanism. I will see if I can take the door apart and seeif I can find the problem.

It does seem to be catching when closed.

Hoping a board has not gone bad.

Boman
06-15-2013, 02:46 PM
The lock image is on the touch-pad. The handle/lock has 2 micro switches, one on either side.

When I checked the micro switches for continuity, I got continuity before the actuators were actuated by the handle. In other words, when the door is closed, the switches have no continuity. Seems backwards to me.

I was tempted to bypass the switches, but was scared I would burn something up.

The handle/lock mechanism had a screw missing, and I thought maybe the door was not shutting properly. I tried it with the handle/lock out of the door (door open), still got the same thing with the little lck on the panel lit and the flashing L.

jeff1
06-16-2013, 03:47 AM
The lock image is on the touch-pad.

To avoid unintended use of your dishwasher, or cycle and option changes during a cycle.
To turn on Lock, press and hold Heated Dry for at least 3-7 seconds.
To turn off Lock, press and hold Heated Dry for at least 3-7 seconds.
When Control Lock is lit, all buttons are disabled. If you press any pad while your dishwasher is locked, the light flashes
5 times. The dishwasher door can be opened while the controls are locked.

When I checked the micro switches for continuity, I got continuity before the actuators were actuated by the handle. In other words, when the door is closed, the switches have no continuity. Seems backwards to me.

That would/should be backwards.

jeff.

Boman
06-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Bingo!

Holding/resetting the lock did the trick.

I had tried holding one of the controls for 10 sec's or so with no luck.

Thanks a bunch!

jeff1
06-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Glad we got it :)

jeff.