PDA

View Full Version : Side by Side Kitchenaid refrigerator evaporator

FAMG68
06-28-2013, 07:24 AM
I need help troubleshooting a Side by Side Kitchenaid refrigerator model KSSP48QMS01, here is the history;

Display on the RC (refrigerator compartment) did not work, pushing buttons did not have any reaction, fridge was not functioning properly, control board replaced, after board was replaced display started working and then find out that the bi-metal defrost unit was not working either, while waiting for the replacement to be shipped I had the refrigerator running, with some frost accumulating in the evaporator, at this point I decided to melt the frost with warm water, which I think does not have any undesired effects in performance due to the fact that when the defrost cycle occurs the melted ice runs through out the coils; I replaced the bi-metal defrost and turn the refrigerator on just to find out the next morning that the evaporator was frozen again but only the first coil where the gas enters the coil tubing system and the rest of the coils are warm to the touch, I have run out of ideas. I need help troubleshooting this problem. I have attached a picture of the frosted coil.

Thanks

:confused:

jeff1
06-28-2013, 11:47 AM
G'day,

A slotch of frost on the evaporator and the rest of the coils are bare is a system probem....leaker, restriction, inefficient compressor or any combination of these = BIG$ repair.

jeff.

FAMG68
07-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Thank You, that is what I was afraid of.:(

jeff1
07-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Your welcome.....sorry!

jeff.