View Full Version : balance ring

Boman
07-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Is any play allowable on a balance ring on a washer?

Noticed some looseness on a whlpl washer. I got it to tighten some by manipulating the clips a little, but there is still a little play in it on one side.

It had not seemed to affect the washer the few times I let it run a cycle or two.

jeff1
07-13-2013, 12:52 AM
Is any play allowable on a balance ring on a washer?

A little likely won't hurt anything...but it is a balance ring which means it should be as tight as possible to counter balance a load during the spin.

jeff.

Boman
07-13-2013, 01:28 AM
What are the clips in the ring called, ballast clips? I contemplating trying to sqeeze them a little tighter. Kinda scared they may break if I mess with them very much.

Got three appliances from a lady. I am still amazed how people will......misrepresent items. Second time lately I have bought something without trying it out. No more.

Boman
07-13-2013, 01:34 AM
The exploded view of this machine shows the ring with concrete, but this one has some kind of liquid like water in it. Anyway, I did not see the clips that hold it to the tub.

Boman
07-13-2013, 01:36 AM
This Maytag I took in trade today had brake dust-like something about 1/3 way up and all around the interior cabinet and on the motor cover. Brake dust? Clutch?

The machine seems to do everything it is supposed to do. That being said ,I have not tried it with clothes in it yet.

jeff1
07-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Whats the model# and make....you haven't shared that yet.

jeff.