PDA

View Full Version : Brake/clutch lining dust?

Boman
07-13-2013, 12:24 PM

Model - LAT2300AAE Serial - 30226859ZF
This washer seems to wash as it should. I took it in on trade, but this dust concerns me as far as reselling the washer. Of course it seems to be about12 years old.

Comment?

jeff1
07-13-2013, 03:48 PM
The brake is on the bottom of this washer.....under the base.
That is gookus leaking out the tub bearing and under water seal...
http://www.applianceaid.com/washer-tub-seal-replacement.php

jeff.

Boman
07-14-2013, 01:34 AM
Gookus? Heheh, must be the remnants from the rubber seal. It is black and dry as a bone. Of course it may not always be dry. The reason for replacing it was water when filling going everywhere. All I could find was a steady leak at the valve from damaged threads. The inside of the cabinet stayed dry as a bone the whole time I run it.

As it turns out. the new coupler I put on the Kenmore I sold was faulty, or so it seems. I thought it fit awfully tight. Anyway folks got it home and it would not spin. I got it back and they got their's back

Thanks for the response and the link

jeff1
07-14-2013, 01:58 AM
Leaks out the tub bearing are often intermittant.

jeff.

Boman
07-14-2013, 12:14 PM
I could see that. So there actually could quite a bit of water at times.

The thing that was throwing me off was the statement about it only doing it while filling. I was thinking of the inlet valve and hose.

I guess I'll give them a call and update them on the possibilty and likelyhood of continuing problems with their machine.

Thanks

jeff1
07-14-2013, 01:42 PM
The thing that was throwing me off was the statement about it only doing it while filling.

Could easily have 2 problems.
The fill airator is a bad area for leaking while filling.

jeff.

Boman
07-15-2013, 01:57 PM
That was my thoughts on the leaking while filling, something from the fill valve forward. Hole, something cracked, out of alignment, etc

jeff1
07-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Common leaking trouble makers...
http://www.applianceaid.com/maytag-washer-common-problems.php#leakwater

jeff.