PDA

View Full Version : GE microwave runs for 20 seconds, then quits

DaveO
07-15-2013, 01:56 AM
GE Profile countertop microwave
JES2251SJ02

Our microwave oven will run for about 20 seconds, but then quits. Not sure if I notice this pattern correctly: I thought I might heat up some food by allowing it to run for 20 seconds at a time, but it did not heat the dinner... then later when it had a chance to sit for a while it did warm a cup of water. I tried it again just now and it did NOT heat a cup of water.

When it shuts off it returns to "ready" mode: it does not beep or indicate that the timed cycle had completed; it displays the time only.

Any ideas? I'd appreciate any help!

jeff1
07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Hi,

When it shuts off it returns to "ready" mode: it does not beep or indicate that the timed cycle had completed; it displays the time only.

When it returns to "ready", you don't have to set the clock again?
That should indicate we are not loosing power, like a bad fuse holder or safety themostat.

That leaves a common issue with the inverter board and magnetron.....esp with no cooking and the setting shuting off and returnign to clock only.

359 High voltage inverter board Manufacturer Number WB27X10830 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=1086442)

No pic Magnetron (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=1086443)

jeff.

DaveO
07-16-2013, 12:49 AM
That leaves a common issue with the inverter board and magnetron.....esp with no cooking and the setting shuting off and returnign to clock only.

Hey, Jeff- Thanks for your response. Is it either the inverter board or the magnetron, or both? A board *sounds* like it would be easy enough to R&R; how about the magnetron?

Thanks again,
Dave O

jeff1
07-16-2013, 01:50 AM
Is it either the inverter board or the magnetron, or both?

So far in all the different style of inverters used in microwaves, it is both...one damages the other.
Neither are overly difficult to replace, the parts are over priced crap....JMO!

jeff.