PDA

View Full Version : Model/serial number

Boman
07-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Jeff, is there any place on an older Hotpoint range to get these numbers other than the front inside at top of door? I got one I can't read the numbers off of. I tried placing paper over the numbers and scrubbing with a lead pencil with no luck.

Thanks and thanks for the link again. Expect a new battery for my laptop one day this week. Got kinda lucky with that.

jeff1
07-23-2013, 03:21 AM
G'day,

I got one I can't read the numbers off of. I tried placing paper over the numbers and scrubbing with a lead pencil with no luck.

You may be SOL :(

jeff.

Boman
07-23-2013, 11:10 AM
G'day,

You may be SOL :(

jeff.

Hehehe, I take that as a "not likely".

Maybe I can find my jewelers glass somewhere and be able to read it.

I need to learn to look a little closer at these things before I buy them.
The thing really needs a door seal.

P.S. I did not notice the picture in your reply. My old butt needs to slow down. I seem to be missing important details lately.
So the numbers are sometimes on more than one place?

Thanks.

jeff1
07-23-2013, 12:17 PM
So the numbers are sometimes on more than one place?

Nope, can be in different places but normally only one tag per product.

Sometimes the wire diagram -may- have an abbreviated version of t he model# printed on it.

The thing really needs a door seal.

Self clean, manual clean?

jeff.

Boman
07-24-2013, 10:32 AM
I think it is manual.
Part of the seal has been cut from corner to corner. The single ply flexible part. I guess that describes it. The round part is still intact all the way around the opening, but it seems to be brittle. At first I thought the door was still sealing, but I noticed quite a bit of heat along the top of the door.

jeff1
07-24-2013, 12:35 PM
I think it is manual

Manual clean has the gasket on the body, self clean has the gasket on the door...

http://www.repairclinic.com/Hotpoint-Range-Stove-Oven-Gasket-Seal-Parts
Maybe you can recognise it.

jeff.

Boman
07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Yep, manual it is. The seal is on the body.

I never paid attention to the different locations of the seal on the different type stoves.

The reason i thought it was manual, is I didn't remember seeing a door lock like I would expect it to have if self-cleaning nor a setting for cleaning.

jeff1
07-24-2013, 04:16 PM
The reason i thought it was manual, is I didn't remember seeing a door lock like I would expect it to have if self-cleaning nor a setting for cleaning.

True! :)

jeff.

Boman
07-24-2013, 08:49 PM
K, are all the non-self-cleaning stoves supposed to have some sort of clips holding the seal/gasket?
Right now this one looks like it goes on 3 sides, and has rounded corners (2).

jeff1
07-25-2013, 01:49 AM
are all the non-self-cleaning stoves supposed to have some sort of clips holding the seal/gasket?

Nope, some are just pinched between the liner and range front with no clips.

Right now this one looks like it goes on 3 sides

Many self clean gaskets go all the way around, most manual clean gaskets are only on 3 sides.

jeff.