PDA

View Full Version : Freshfood section

Boman
08-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Kenmore
Model - 106.79852991
Serial _ EK5110685

Jeff, I think I posted about this fridge before, but can't seem to find it. Anyway, the fresh food section does not get cold enough.

I have it at my house now. We replace it with another. I thought maybe the fan was acting up, but while messing with it today ( cleaning it and putting things back, and placing thermometers in both sections ) I noticed it was very warm around the freezer door. I cannot remember what this heater is called. Has something to do with controlling humidity, right?

What is it called, and why would it be coming on and getting that warm within minutes of being plugged back in?
Would standing there with the door open cause it? I shut the door and waited a minute or so and checked again. It was still very warm. I could even feel on my cheek on one side of the top door.

Thanks.

Boman
08-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Okay, just went to Applianceaid.com. Got my memory jogged, and now kno9w I am referring to the yoder loop ( I guess). This is a 2000 model.

I was on the right track trying to clean the condensor coils. I will make another post concerning that.
Thanks.

jeff1
08-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Yupper Rick, older ones had a heater, newer ones use some of the hot condensor tubing around the facing of the refrigerator cabinet...
http://www.applianceaid.com/heat-around-refrigerator-door.php

jeff.