PDA

View Full Version : Kenmore refrig model # 106.7454402

Special K
08-19-2013, 06:18 PM
The ice maker is leaking between the control (?) valve and the ice trays. It forms large ice "clumps" directly below leak. Slowly getting worse. Fix or replace?

jeff1
08-20-2013, 02:25 AM
Hi,

Please recheck, nothing coming up online with this model#.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model-number.php

The ice maker is leaking between the control (?) valve and the ice trays.

Between the head of the icemaker and the body?

jeff.

Special K
08-29-2013, 03:30 PM
I have checked the H2O pressure to the H2O control valve and it is strong. I have replaced the H2O control valve, all to no avail. I've checked the connections at the control valve. No leaks. There is a 1/2" or larger drain line that empties into the drain pan. Water seems to flow from time to time at a good rate causing a puddle on the floor. Maybe over flowing drain pan? Ice maker making small cubes and dripping water into the cube box causing cubes to freeze into clumps. My wife and I drink a lot of iced tea made with a drip iced maker. This causes the ice maker to get a lot of use, almost daily. Unit is approx 6 years old. Your thoughts would be appreciated!

jeff1
08-29-2013, 04:13 PM

Please recheck, nothing coming up online with this model#.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model-number.php

There is a 1/2" or larger drain line that empties into the drain pan

That sounds like the defrost drain line/hose

Water seems to flow from time to time at a good rate causing a puddle on the floor

Front, back?

Maybe over flowing drain pan?

Should be visable from the back bottom.

Ice maker making small cubes

Which is often an low water pressure issue.

and dripping water into the cube box causing cubes to freeze into clumps

Between the head of the icemaker and the body?

Front, back area of the icemaker?

*Some* common leaking into the ice bin trouble makers...
http://www.applianceaid.com/icemaker-repair-help.php#overflowing

jeff.

Special K
08-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Your reference talked about the water filter possibly being plugged. I'm going to get a new one this pm (hope they are in stock). Past that I'm at a loss beyond replacing the ice maker. Your thoughts. Thanks for your advice!

jeff1
08-30-2013, 02:16 AM
A tired filter can certainly effect the water pressure.

Keep us posted.

Still haven't said where you see the water coming from on the icemaker.
Checked that model#?

jeff.

Special K
08-30-2013, 03:25 PM
In the process of repair I have encountered another problem. I ordered and installed a new water inlet valve according to video instructions. Every time the ice maker cycles 2 of the 3 lines leak. I have reinstalled the valve twice, both times trimming the plastic lines. No good. I even reinstalled the original valve to no avail. I need help understanding why those "easy" push in fittings continue to leak and how to correct the problem. Thanks

I went and purchased a new multimeter. In testing both new and old water valves I found no continuity in any of the coils

jeff1
08-31-2013, 03:21 AM
Make sure you use a knife to cut the lines and not a side cutter as that will squish the tubing. Cut the lines and push them into the valve good and hard...a pair of rubber gloves or such may help to hold the lines so you can push them into place.

The coils should be checked on a Rx1 or Rx10 scale. Don't use the noise/beeper setting.

jeff.