View Full Version : Maytag dishwasher

Pushkins
08-20-2013, 01:13 AM
My Maytag dishwasher # MDB8951AWS Serial # 10774466GP all of a sudden makes a horrible kinda of grinding noise during the wash cycle, fills and empties like normal, the noise seems to be coming from the very bottom right hand side.
It runs a full cycle although at times the grinding sound seems to get louder right as it changes from wash to rinse or any change really.
Any help is appreciated.

jeff1
08-20-2013, 02:30 AM
Hi,

all of a sudden makes a horrible kinda of grinding noise during the wash cycle, fills and empties like normal

Your d/w has 2 motor and pumps....one for washing only and one for draining only. Since the noise is in the wash only, that is where we should look/investigate.

Remove #1 nut and spray arm, remove screws from #4&5 and remove, remove screw in the middle of #6 so the filter assembly can be removed....check for anything caught in the macerator blade ( #8 ) as that is a common area for making noises.

jeff.

Pushkins
08-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Thanks Jeff your the best, I found a small piece of plastic, looks like it comes off the upper rack somewhere. Hard to see how that tiny little piece made so much noise but it did. Ran the dishwasher twice now and back to normal operation.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

jeff1
08-21-2013, 02:30 AM
Happy we could help :)
Thankx for the update!

I found a small piece of plastic, looks like it comes off the upper rack somewhere

Look for a small bare end of the rack metal, they use these little caps to cover the bare metal....

395 Cap- rack Manufacturer Number 99002905 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=1012192)

Use a little food grade silicone to glue it in place....

396 White silicone adhesive, formulated for use in the dishwasher to adhere to tine tips & door gaskets Manufacturer Number 675652 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=679589)

jeff.

Pushkins
08-22-2013, 01:20 AM
It's not a wire cap, it is light blue and looks like it's part of a retaining clip kind of like the little clips that stop the top rack from pulling out past the end of the runners, but for the life of me I can't find anything broken in there.
Leaves me to believe that it came off something we put in there to clean.
ah well, it's not making the horrid noise anymore so I'm not complaining.
Thanks again.

jeff1
08-22-2013, 02:49 AM
it's not making the horrid noise anymore so I'm not complaining

Yupper :D

jeff.