PDA

View Full Version : Craig Pistner - I am trying to convert this stove back to nat gas

jeff1
09-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Hi Jeff; I am trying to convert this stove back to nat gas. I am having trouble finding the parts I need to do this. Maytag MLR5755QDS Serial# 10748183GG. I also have a question on what an orifice hood is and what it does. I am being told through the book that came with it, That I need to adjust the pressure regulator cap and did so. Also Replacement of the orifice hoods on the bake& broil and top burner orifices. Hope you can give me some answers! Thank You in Advance! Craig

Hi,

I am trying to convert this stove back to nat gas. I am having trouble finding the parts I need to do this

Should have been put on the back of the range. Range comes NG ready and when we convert to LP the old parts we take off are put back into a baggie or such and attached to the back of the range for future use. Maybe Maytag can fax or email a copy if yours is missing?

https://www.maytag.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Installation%20Instructions%20-%208101P571-60.pdf

I also have a question on what an orifice hood is and what it does.

Orifice hood has the small hole that reguates the amount of gas that will flow through. Some are adjustable by screwing them in or out.

http://www.applianceaid.com/gas-range-conversion.php

jeff.

jeff1
09-29-2012, 01:31 AM
Hi Jeff; I am very aware of what should have been done with the original orifices. This lady bought the stove already setup for propane, no other orifices with it. Now, Apparently the orifice hood is just an orifice, just called something else. Is that right? Also just so you know, I work in the HVAC industry, so I'm not your typical Joe Homeowner!!! Now back to the original Question where can I get the Natural Gas orifices for this stove, and at this point I guess I need 6. 4 for the top and 2 for the Bake& broil burners. Thanks Craig ctp0503@AOL.com

Now back to the original Question where can I get the Natural Gas orifices for this stove

They do not show available on the parts breakdowns. Manual says they should be kept for future use. May need to call Maytag to see if thye have the part#'s of the surface orifices. You only need 4, oven burners are adjustable and not replaced. Surface is replaced. I will attempt to send the manual in the email.

jeff.