PDA

View Full Version : All LEDs flashing on Frigidair dryer - Dryness button may be culprit

dieselgg
09-29-2013, 03:10 PM
H Jeff,

I have Cdn Frigidaire dryer electric model FEQ1442CES1 (non - digital display).

All the LEDs lined up on top of the Start and Pause/Cancel button flashing.
I performed the error code test and the result I got was E68 - which tells me that one of the buttons have an error.
I then proceeded with function test. When I went to the step that calls for turning the rotary selector knob to 4 turns, all the LEDs would illuminate for the appropriate button I selected with the exception however of the Dryness button. The 4 LEDs above the dryness button remain permanently lit even before I had proceeded to press the Dryness button. Pressing the button has no effect. The 4 LEDs stay lit. The button does not seem stuck. Before opening up the dryer, what recommendations do you have? Pretty sure there seems to be issue with Dryness button. Is there something that can be repaired on the circuit board without having to replace the whole module.

Regards,

Gus

jeff1
09-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Hi,

A copy:

E68
Key (button) Struck Fault
One of the keys (buttons) is stuck closed (active).
Enter function test mode and perform key (button) test to determine which button is at fault. Carefully free the and perform the test again. If button is free but the key struck code still exists, replace electronic control.

You can access the control and see if the button is stuck/stick or if something has spilled onto the button causing it to remain on.....but most times we have to replace the control board...

433 Control board Manufacturer Number 134484212 (http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=1154875)

jeff.