PDA

View Full Version : hotpoint fridge temp

Boman
10-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Model - CTX14APGL WH
Serial - HQ770955

Got this in a few days ago and supposed to have some more in today.

I plugged it up yesteday to set the temp and make sure it is doing what it is supposed to do. It does not seem to want to get much colder than 10 degrees. I looked at the temp once or twice and it was back up to like 20 in the freezer with the fan running.

These must have been cheap little fridges as they do not have an adjustable damper, just the one cold control.

Should the freezer temp get up to 20 with the fan running? Evidently, it was not in defrost mode.
How differently will it act when it has something in it?

It seems to run a lot, well the evaporator fan anyway. If the evaporator fan is running, is the compressor supposed to be running also? I think it is.

Does it sound like it has a low charge, or is it just because it is empty? The gaskets appear to be sealing off.

jeff1
10-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi,

If the evaporator fan is running, is the compressor supposed to be running also?

Yes.

Does it sound like it has a low charge, or is it just because it is empty?

It does not seem to want to get much colder than 10 degrees.

I'd set to normal, put something in the freezer and restest.....if still cannot get below 10?F then something in the system is then suspect.

jeff.

Boman
10-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Dial has settings from 1 to 9. Normal = about 5?

I might should also add it is sitting in my non air conditioned shop. IBUt, I recently had another that sit out here several days and kept steady temps where I wanted them while empty.

jeff1
10-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Dial has settings from 1 to 9. Normal = about 5?

Yup.

I might should also add it is sitting in my non air conditioned shop. IBUt, I recently had another that sit out here several days and kept steady temps where I wanted them while empty.

These must have been cheap little fridges as they do not have an adjustable damper, just the one cold control.

A cheap made in Mexico fridge.
I would have been more concerned if the room temp was too cold/low....that will give poor results also. Maybe these cannot keep up when the temp gets good and high?!

Keep us posted once you try it with some stuff in the freezer to help hold the cold.

jeff.

Boman
10-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Well, I put some stuff in the freezer of the one I was talking about, but I doubt it was enough to make much difference and it sold before I really gave it enough time to really say what it was going to do. Guy was told to let me know if it gives any problem.

I have sold a few of these. I have one now that I plugged up yesterday. Freezer temp is around 10, ff 40, but it seems to run a lot. Will it run less when it is put in use in an air conditioned apartment or whatever and has food in it instead of all the empty space?

Hmm, I seem to be repeating myself.

jeff1
10-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Will it run less when it is put in use in an air conditioned apartment or whatever and has food in it instead of all the empty space?

Generally, yes.

jeff.

Boman
10-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks Jeff. I hope these do.